1

{a/n This book is marked as
mature will contain strong
language and sexual
themes, you have been
warned}
_______

Ember Rose Wilson. Seventeen. I hate school with a passion. End of story, goodbye.

Ok, ok.

Hi, I'm Ember Rose Wilson. I'm Seventeen years old. I live in London and school is not great. I used to love school when I was younger, until everything went downhill with ..things at home. Family, friends, everything.

When I was eleven, my mum died. Being eleven was such a shit time to loose your Mother. No. Any time is a shit time to lose you Mother. But I was going through such an important stage of life. My last year at primary school, I was going to have my end of school exams. The exams that would determine my classes at high school. Eleven years of age. Just about to hit puberty.

I have no siblings. I hate it. Always have, always will.

Never had an older sister to look up to, never had an older brother to take care of me, never had younger siblings to look after.

Never had a Dad... well... A good Dad.

My mum was amazing, I will always remember and cherish her goofy, funny, caring, beautiful personality. She was the best mum anyone could ever ask for. She was my best friend.

I remember, when I was about ten, My mum came into my room and broke the news to me that her and my dad were back together. I was happy for mum, of course I was, but I had never met my dad before, and he came into my life like everything was normal, like he'd always been there. No slow introductions, just BAM! Hey, i'm your dad, do what i say.

He was nice when he wanted to be nice. But if you got on the wrong side of him, boy did you have to pay for your mistakes.

I always dreamed of having a father figure, even a stepdad. But the fact that my real dad didn't even fulfil my dreams of what having a dad was like really upset me.

I couldn't call him dad. I had to call him James. It upset him, but i just couldn't do it.

One night, four days after my eleventh birthday, I heard arguing coming from downstairs. Nothing unusual. I heard James shouting at my mum, I heard him telling her how much he hates her. Not something an eleven year old wants to hear. I stayed up for a while, i couldn't sleep. Then I heard a crash, and a scream. My mums scream.

I ran downstairs, into the kitchen and James picked me up and took me back upstairs.

"Everything's ok, stay here. Sleep." He kept repeating in my ear, I didn't want to sleep. I wanted mum.

I ignored James, running back downstairs and finding mum. She was on the floor. Unresponsive. Blood coming from her head. I tried calling her name but she wouldn't wake up.

"Ember, she's just having a nap, let her sleep" James reassured me.

"EMBER COLE!" He screams.

"Thats not my name" I grit my teeth.

How dare he call me by his surname. The man who left me and my mum when i was a baby, the man who created me, left me. He didn't care about me at all, and he had the nerve to come back into my life ten years down the line and call me by his surname? I've always used my mothers surname, I always will. My name is Ember Rose Wilson.

I ran upstairs, taking mums mobile phone with me. I remembered mum always said 'If ever theres an emergency, call 999'

My thumb hovered over the 9 button, before firmly pressing down three times.

The woman on the other end of the line, Julie, tried speaking to me calmly, i was shaking, screaming at her. "Please, help, mummy isn't breathing and I think Jamie hurt her!" I was shouting.

She asked me who Jamie is, I couldn't bare the words coming out of my mouth, but I had to tell her. "H-He's my dad" I stuttered.

I told her all the details, before running back downstairs. Jamie was no where to be seen and I lay down on the kitchen floor next to mum. Placing her arm over my shoulder as if she was cuddling me.

Everything else from that night is a blur.

The blue lights flashing through the window. Police breaking the door down. Paramedics checking mum over. Before dragging me away. I wanted to go with my mum. I wanted to stay with her. Little did i know that was the last time i would ever see her.

I cuddled my mothers dead body. I saw my own mother. Dead.

I now live with my Aunty May who is quite strict, but amazing, I love her.

After my mum died things when down hill for me. My dad got a life sentence which is good, but my grades dropped. I lost friends. My behaviour changed. I got in trouble far too much.

I got kicked out of 2 high schools due to bad behaviour.

I'm now in my 3rd high school. I would say I'm popular. I mean, everyone seems to know who I am but I don't think thats a good thing. They don't know me for my good grades, or my achievements, or for being a nice person. They all know me for being the rude, bad behaved, school bad girl. Its not good.

I hang around with the 'popular' lot, which i suppose is a good thing?

I'm also a nice person, Just to point out!

But people just piss me off sometimes.

I probably have some kind of Anger problems but i mean, who cares?

The school bad boy, Chase Miller, He's hot but I hate him and he hates me.

Theres no reason to it. We just despise each other.

I think its because when I first moved to that school, I accidentally stepped on his foot and he thought he could intimidate me just because I was the new kid. But do you think I was going to let him stand there and call me names for stepping on his foot? .. basically, what I'm saying is he shouted at me so I hit him.. on my first day of my new school. Great impression.

I've spent a year at that school, hanging with the same group of friends as Chase, going to the same parties as Chase, sitting in the same lessons as Chase. We've never said one nice thing about each other. He's a dick. I hate him.

I remember once he called me a slag in maths because I wouldn't lend him a pen. Im sorry but i'm far from a slag. I've had like one proper boyfriend and he's the only one i've ever done anything with.

Chase on the other hand probably has a new girl to fuck every night.

He's a man slag.

Chase Miller the man slag.