4

"Im actually so excited for Finlay's party tonight" Flo says as we leave the school gates.

The moment my foot leaves the gate I take out my cigarette packet, taking out a cigarette. It was Friday and Myself and Flo had to wait for Jess outside the school gates as we were heading to hers after school. She had an hours detention. Great.

"You smoke way too much" Flo shakes her head at me.

"What? No i don't, this is my first of the day!" I frown.

"Wrong. When you stormed out of class earlier I guarantee you had a fag.. Don't tell me you didn't because I know you, Em" She giggles.

I roll my eyes with a chuckle.

"So, what did Chase say?" She frowns as I light up the cigarette.

I watch the teacher eye me up as I sit on the steps outside the school gate. Yeah? So what, Mr Harding? you smoke yourself and you have the worlds worst coffee breath so don't look at me like I'm some sort of extra terrestrial. Dickhead.
To be quite honest i didn't care if they saw me, i'm over 16 and its legal.

"He mentioned my dad" I shrug as I blow out the smoke.

"What an assho-"

"He doesn't know, it wasn't his fault" I mumble as I take another puff.

I was half way through the cigarette when the caretaker took over from Mr Harding on 'gate duty'. The hot caretaker.

"Oh yeah, what were you saying about him?" Flo says way too loud as she points to the caretaker.

I nudge Flo as he looks in our direction. "I cant fucking tell you now he's right there!" I exclaim making Flo giggle.

"Here comes your best mates" She winks as she nods in the direction of the gate. Chase and Lewis.

As they walk towards us I cant help but admire Chase's good looks. Yeah, he was a dick but he was hot. Real hot. They walk through the gate and Chase's eyes instantly land on me. He raises his brows and begins to approach me and Flo. Fuck.

"You got a spare fag?" He asks bluntly, just as my phone begins to ring.

I shake my head, breathing out more thick smoke before holding the cigarette between my lips to get my phone out of my bag. As I tap the answer button Chase snatches the cigarette from my lips.

"Dickhead" I shout as he smugly walks away.

"Ember!" I hear my Aunt scoff down the phone as Flo runs after Chase and Lewis.

"Sorry" I mumble.

"I don't want you out too late tonight my love" She says.

"Uh, yeah Auntie May, I forgot to ask if I can stay at Jess' house tonight" I frown.

"Jess?" She questions.

"Jess, she came over for dinner a few months ago.." I giggle.

"As long as her mum doesn't mind" She answers.

"Yeah, yeah its cool" I nod.

"Ok, message me when you're at her house" She replies.

"Yeah, bye" I giggle.

"Love you"

"Love you too"