9

We sit in complete silence, smoking away on our cigarettes. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence but it was awkward as fuck. Sitting with the boy that hates my guts in a disabled toilet as we wait for the lunch bell to ring.
The bell had already rung once, signalling it was time to change lessons. Myself an Chase absolutely ignored the bell, seeing as we were staying in there for a whole double period.

"Why don't you like me?" I ask, trying to make conversation. Chases head shoots up. He breathes out a thick cloud of smoke, putting out his cigarette on the floor before throwing it in the toilet. He ignores my question completely. He sat with his back against the wall, one leg extended out whilst his other was bent up, his arm resting comfortably on it.

"What have I ever done for you to hate me?" I frown. Still he ignores.

"Do you have any siblings?" I ask, just to see if it was only the questions about me that he wouldn't answer to. "Two" He replies, not making eye contact. I nod.

"..how old are they?" I ask.

"Why does it matter?" He frowns at me as he takes out his phone and i instantly shut up.

I huff, resting my head back on the wall. I lift my knees up, completely forgetting there was a boy in the room an I had no shorts on under my skirt. Chase glances at me, i could tell it was completely accidental.
"Oh, sorry" He looks away quickly as I put my knees down.  "sorry" I mumble, turning a deep shade of red.

Thank fuck I wore nice underwear.

"Ember" Chase says lowly and I look up at him gazing into my eyes. "Tell me about your dad" He says.

I frown, crossing my arms over my chest with a small scoff.

"I don't have one" I shrug.

He stares through me before shuffling towards me, placing his feet either side of my legs and resting his arms on his knees. Again, I was trapped. I gulp.

"He's in prison. You don't need to know why" I nod and Chase nods back.

"Do you have any siblings?" He asks, just as i did earlier. I shake my head.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you nice for five minutes and then decide, no, I'll be a dick instead" I frown. Chase pauses, his eyes burning into mine as a smirk creeps up on his lips.

"Why do you hate me?" I frown.

"Why do you hate me?" He raises his brows.

I straighten my back, Chase so fucking close, I had nowhere to put my legs.

"You're a constant asshole, since the day I first met you you've had some kind of fucked up hatred towards me. I've tried to be nice to you, i've tried to make you like me, i've tried to ignore you, tried to fight back, tried to hit you, tried to apologise, i've tried to be your friend. Nothing seems to work.. tell me why you hate me Chase" I say in frustration.

"I dont" He simply replies.

"Clearly you do. Listen, I just want you to know that i'm willing to try and be civil with you-"

"I know you are" He smiles. "Change the subject, whats your favourite type of music?" He asks with a chuckle.

"See what I mean, what are you doing?" I scoff.