17

As we near the gates of the graveyard Chase slows down.

"Where are you taking me" He chuckles awkwardly.

"Do you want to know about my dad or not?" I frown.

Chase gives me a lopsided smile as he continues to follow me through the gates.
I lead him along the path and through a few graves, seating myself at mums bench. Chase stands there, not quite knowing what to do.

"Sit down" I chuckle slightly.

Chase places him down next to me, not saying a word as he reads my mothers grave stone.

Alissa May Wilson.
1979 - 2010
Aged 31
Beloved Mother, Daughter and Friend, taken away too soon.
il nostro amore per te durerà per sempre

He gets off of the bench and crouches down beside it, delicately touching the angel ornament in awe.

"Your dad did this?" Chase turns to me, still crouched beside the grave.

I purse my lips together, giving him a small nod.

"Your- mum?" Chase frowns slightly.

I nod and Chase turns his attention back to the grave, noticing the framed photo of my mum behind the flowers.

"Can I-" He trails off, pointing to the frame.

I nod, watching his every move. He was being so gentle, and so respectful about the whole situation.

Chase picks up the framed photo and gazes down at it. "She was beautiful" He says softly making me smile. "She was" I agree. Chase nods before coming to sit back beside me, bringing the photo with him.

"You look a lot like her" Chase says, glancing to and from me and the photo. I look down at the photo with a smile.

"You have the same eyes, same smile, similar noses" Chase narrows his eyes as he compares the two of us. Was he calling me beautiful?

He smiles a heart warming smile. A smile i've never seen before. A smile that he should permanently glue to his face instead of having that boring ass 'fuck off' expression.

"So.. your dad- how many years has he got?" Chase asks with a small frown.

"Life" I nod.

"Good" He frowns.

"He killed her with one hit" I gulp. "One blow to the head and she bled to death" I growl. "The force from her head hitting the floor did some of the damage aswell" I nod, eyes slightly tearing up.

"And I cuddled her. I cuddled her dead fucking body. I was eleven, Chase. ELEVEN!" I scream as I break down.

"I-Im really sorry" Chase says softly.

"Your sympathy wont make anything better" I scoff wiping away my tears.

"You don't deserve any of this" Chase says lowly, bringing a hand up to wipe a tear from my cheek.

"No one deserves this Chase. No One." I frown.

"Right" Chase agrees.

"Left" I giggle.

Chase frowns at my sudden change of mood, before grinning widely at me.