3

"Miss Wilson, can you explain why you hit Lewis" The deputy head teacher asks as I seat myself down in isolation.

I spent most of my school time in there. The teacher who was head of isolation was actually really nice and understanding, and although i don't show my emotions, i know i could always go to her for any advice or is i had a problem. Jen was her name. Isolation was a room for all the "naughty kids" if thats how you want to put it. You get sent there if you've been naughty or kicked out of lesson, it is internal exclusion.

I cross my arms, taking in deep breaths to try and control my anger. "I was talking to Flo, minding my own business and he came over to me and slapped my ass. Im sorry, but i'm not just going to let him do that, he's a dickhead just like his mates, he deserved what he got" I grit my teeth.

"Ember, please keep your language under control, are you ok to head back to lesson now?" The deputy asks.

I sigh. "Yeah" I nod before standing up and leaving.

Hang on. So i've just hit a student and they've let me go and get on with my day? Sweet!

I get to sociology ten minutes late. Sitting myself down next to Flo.

"You ok?" She says quietly. I nod in reply, taking out my book and copying out what I had missed. We were learning about school and how different sociologists have had an impact on education.

"They just let me go, they didnt tell me off or anything" I giggle.

"Girls, i'm going to have to move you away from each other" Miss Elliot says.

I roll my eyes.

"Ember, could you move next to-" she begins to say, scanning the room for a seat for me to sit in. I watch her eyes land on Chase and I frantically shake my head at her before she even says his name. She narrows her eyes at me, shooting me a questioning look.

"I cant sit with him" I state.

"I'd like you to sit next to Chase, you don't need to communicate with each other, just sit there for todays lesson and i'll sort you out with a different seat next lesson, yeah?" She smiles.

I reluctantly get up, sitting myself next to Chase with a huff. Normally I would protest with the teacher, but as i said before, sociology was the only class i took seriously and Miss Elliot has been good to me since the day I started.

"I always have to sit next to this stupid fucking cunt, i fucking hate it" Chase mumbles to himself.

"Likewise" I state, glancing at his blank expression.

He sits back in his chair, his legs stretched out thinking he's some sort of bad man when he's not, giving me no leg room whatsoever.

"Move your legs or i'll snap them" I frown.

"Do that and i'll snap your dad's neck" He shoots back, not knowing about my personal life.

"Fine by me, do what the fuck you like to him.. he's a fucking cunt of a man, low life piece of fucking shit he deserves nothing but hate and torture the fucking scummy little fucking .. ARGH!" I scream at the end of my sentence, standing up, my chair falling behind me before storming out of class.

"What the fuck did you say to her!" I hear Flo shout before she runs after me.

"Ember!" She calls, chasing after me down the hall.

"Em, what did he say?" She tries to calm me down but i push her away.

"Flo, please, just go back to class, I want to be alone for a minute" I say lowly and she nods, giving me a little kiss on the cheek before heading back to class.

"Flo" I call back. She turns to me, a small sympathetic smile on her face, "don't start an argument with Chase, it wasn't his fault" I say and she frowns with a chuckle.

"Alright" She smiles as she heads back to class.

I walk to the disables bathroom, locking myself in before lighting up a cigarette. I close my eyes as I sit on the floor, thinking about everything..My mum, My.. da- Jamie. Tears start to roll down my cheeks and I honestly felt like i'd be in that toilet crying forever. I finish my cigarette before standing up, splashing my face with some water before sorting out my makeup. When I looked somewhat better, I clicked open the backroom door and made my way back to class.

I return as if nothing happened, all eyes on me. I calmly place myself down next to Chase, opening my book and gazing at the teacher.

"Ember, Is everything o-" she begins to say before I butt in.

"Fine." I state and she nods before carrying on with the lesson.

Chase doesn't acknowledge me. I watch scribbling down a few notes from the board before he takes out his phone and scrolls through facebook, I didn't notice i was doing it, but I watched his every move.

"Do you mind?" He growls as he notices me staring at his phone.

"What?" I frown as my eyes evert to my book.

"Can you stop looking at my fucking phone" He grits his teeth.

"Chase, hand me your phone!" Miss Elliot raises her voice as he hears our conversation.

"Great. Thanks." He mumbles to me as he slips his phone into his pocket.

"Chase Miller, hand me your phone" She says sternly.

"Hand her your phone Chase Miller" I tease and he gives me the death glare.

"If you don't shut the fuck up i'll get one of my girls to beat the shit out of you" He glares.

"We hang around with the same people you dickhead, all your 'girls' are literally my best mates and they all think your a cunt so.." I give him a smug smile before continuing, "hand her your phone then boy" I tease.

"Shut. The fuck. Up" He grits his teeth.

"GUYS! Stop with the arguing, Chase, give me your phone now!" Miss Elliot shouts.

Chase hesitates before roughly placing his phone in her hand.

"Good" She nods briefly before heading back to the front of the class.

"Good boy" I snigger as Chase scoffs.