22

"Wanna sit here?" Chase says, pointing to a small patch on the grass. We had decided to go to the park for a while after school as Chase had asked me in science.

"Sure" I nod, sitting down cross legged on the grass, placing my bag down beside me. Chase follows, sitting down with his legs out in front of him, leaning back on his hands. He opens his bag, taking out a small tin.

As he opens the tin I catch a glimpse of a little bag of weed, amongst a fair amount of tobacco that was free inside the tin, and a small pack of papers. "Do you smoke weed?" He asks, glancing at me.

I gulp before warily shaking my head.
You'd have thought being the person I am, I'd have experimented with weed already, nope. I had hung around with people who smoked it, but I was never around them when they did as I didn't want to be the only one there not getting high and making everyone feel uncomfortable. "Never?" He asks, a surprised expression plastered on his face.

I shake my head again. "Why are you so surprised?" I frown.

"I- I just.. I don't know" He shrugs. "You just seem like the type of person that would.. you know?" He chuckles, taking out a paper and a pinch of tobacco. "Do you just not want to associate yourself with people who smoke it? Or?" He asks and I smile.

"People who smoke it are fine" I chuckle, "they can do what they want, I've just never been in a comfortable enough situation to try it" I add in.

"Oh" He nods, understandingly. "So you'll be ok if I smoke, yeah?" He asks taking out the small bag of weed.

"Thats fine" I nod, watching him curiously.

He opens the bag, taking out an amount of weed before adding it to the pinch of tobacco "I wont smoke it pure- i'll just.." Chase says, speaking more to himself than he was me.

He seals the blunt, crowning the end before sticking it between his lips and lighting it up. I watch him take a pull, tilting his head back as he blows out the smoke. "Sorry" He says, flapping the smoke as the wind blew it in my direction.

"Its ok" I frown as the smell fills my lungs.

"Do you want to make yourself a roll up?" He asks, taking the bag and shoving it in his front pocket before handing me the tin.
"I have cigarettes, thanks though" I chuckle, taking out my packet. "I seem to remember you giving me one the other night though" He winks, shoving his tin in my face. I grin.

"Thanks" I smile, putting my pack away before rolling myself a roll up. I would have much preferred a straight but Chase did owe me a fag, so I thought I'd take one to save my own.

I close the tin, handing it back to chase before taking out my lighter and lighting up my fag. "When did you first try weed?" I ask, curious as fuck as I gaze at him taking puffs.

"I was twelve" He chuckles. "Young and easily influenced, but this shit is good. Its not like I do it every day" He says with a small shrug.

"How long does it take for you to get high?" I ask like an absolute idiot. Chase turns his head to me with a small giggle, his eyes already slightly bloodshot before taking the blunt from between his lips and looking down at it.
"Well this is good weed. So i mean, I'm loving life right now. But it all depends on the person, depends on your mood, depends on how much you've had to eat and drink, depends on everything to be honest" He chuckles, taking another puff

"You wanna take the last pull?" He asks, glancing from the blunt to me. I hesitate, staying completely silent.

"Hey, I'm not going to force you into anything, its completely up to you" He says and I give him a small shake of the head. "No thank you" I say quietly, Chase giving me a small smile.

"Good, don't let anyone peer pressure you into anything, yeah?" He says and I nod. "You do what you want to do" He says, taking one last pull before putting it out on the grass. Chase sighs in relaxation, leaning back on his hands.

"A few months ago we'd have never been able to sit here with each other in peace" He chuckles, looking over at me as I finish my roll up. I nod with a small smile.

"Ember?" He asks and I hum in reply. "What does it feel like when you get really angry?" He asks making me gaze up at him.

"I-i dont know?" I shrug. "Its hard to breathe, hard to control what comes out of my mouth, its like someone else takes over my body.. like i'm possessed. I cant control my actions, i cant stop shaking, I cry in frustration because of all of this and then people think I'm crying because I'm upset, and it makes them eager to wind me up even more 'Its Ember Rose Wilson, lets wind her up'" I breathe out with a small huff.

"Ember Rose Wilson" Chase repeats. "I don't like watching you feel that way" He says lowly. "I don't like seeing you struggling to control yourself"

Chase moves closer, "but i mean, its pretty hot when you're boiling up" He chuckles.
I give him a disapproving look. "No honestly, Its cute, but when you actually blow.. thats not cute, no way" He laughs hysterically. I giggle slightly, picking up small bunches of grass with my fingers before opening my bag and taking out a packet of six cookies. I watch Chases eyes light up and I chuckle. "Cookie?" I ask, and he nods, taking four. four. FOUR. F.O.U.R!

"These are great" He says, shoving one in his mouth, "whats your favourite colour?" He asks, making me laugh in confusion.

"Red" I say with a small smile. He looks over at me with narrowed eyes.

"Ember. Ember Rose. Rose. Rosé. Ember, fire, fiery" He mumbles with a small grin. Was that only weed or has he taken some other shit?

"What the fuck are you doing" I whisper, slightly creeped out as he gazes into my eyes.

"Red represents you a hell of a lot, Ember" He nods.

"Ember.. fire.. you're very fiery. The colour red is associated with fire, and also anger.. Ember is also a shade of red, your middle name is Rose, the most popular and original colour of roses is red.." He says wide eyed.

"Red has three letters, a triangle has three points, illuminati confirmed" I laugh hysterically, Chase flashing me a small grin.

"No seriously, I'm so high, you won't understand, but i know what i'm trying to say. You relate a lot to the colour red, its weird" He says with a small frown. I raise my brows at him.

"Would it weird you out even more if I told you my favourite flower is a rose, and my favourite animal is a rose-red firefly?" I say, Chase's head snapping my my direction.

"Rose-red firefly?" He questions. "I'm joking. My favourite animal is a polar bear, I don't even think a rose-red firefly is a real animal, I just made it up" I shrug making Chase laugh. "Roses are my favourite though, just incase you were ever planning on buying me flowers" I wink, Chase shaking his head in amusement with a smirk.

"We should probably get going" Chase smiles, standing up, reaching his hand out to help me up too. "Thanks" I give him a small smile.

"I take it we're ok now then?" He asks, as we begin to walk.

"Mm, yeah, I want to know whats going on with you and these kisses though" I chuckle, Chase stopping immediately.

"I feel like.." Chase begins to speak, turning to face me before placing his hands on my hips.

"I feel like, you only said that because you want me to kiss you" He chuckles. I raise my brows.

"What do you think would have happened if my mum hadn't have walked in of us?" He questions and I frown. "Well, I was about to stop anyway" I lie.

"Really?" Chase asks, "lier" He states before placing his lips on mine.

{a/n ahhhhh}