Chapter Eleven

When I woke up, last night seemed to be a blur in my mind. I checked the time, and ignored the throbbing in my foot. It was almost one o'clock in the afternoon.  I shook my head and went straight to the bathroom. Viper had the door closed, and was in the shower singing. I waited for what seemed like two hours for him to emerge and was surprised to find Cecilia emerge as well. She was in a clean pair of clothes and she looked well. Her hair was straightened and the dark brown of it trailed the length of her body. The same one I'd seen a million times in dreams. I waited to see if she would acknowledge last night, or even spare me the usual diva attitude and was let down to see her shoo me off with a wave of her hand. Viper nodded to me as I took their place in the bathroom. The shower had been used for an hour or so collectively, and I had no warm water. I let the ice temperature water hit my skin and ignored the shivering and chattering of teeth. I hopped out and ran to my room. I dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, and dialed Savannah's number. 

"You've got me," she laughed as she answered, "this is Savannah." 

"Funny," I laughed, "let's hang out today." 

"Sure," she said, "where are we going."

"Not the beach." I looked down at the stitches in my foot. "Somewhere I can wear sneakers." She laughed and I heard her sober from the laughter. 

"Somewhere with cute girls." She teased. 

"Fuck you." I said blatantly and my mother shot me a glare, "I mean. Love you."

"Ah, tell your mom I said 'hi,' please."

"Mom, Savvy says 'hi', please." My mother smiled and waved hello.

"She's about to start writing, so let's go out."

"Deal, give me a half an hour to change and we'll go to jump street and find you a cute cheerleader." I grinned. 

"The idea's not half bad. In fact, hurry." I hung up and let her go about getting ready. Jump street was a trampoline house that the cheer leaders from various school districts and elite teams used to practice tumbling passes. I'd been there a million times and used the 'It's cool to watch them flip and stuff' excuse a hundred times before I knew I might be interested in one or two. Besides, maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend would keep my mind off of Cecilia. She obviously only liked my company when she was drunk and I regretted the time I'd spent with her last night when I could have been sleeping. Okay, not like I'd gotten much sleeping done but I could have avoided her taking advantage of how kind I was. I walked into the kitchen and ate a half an apple when Savannah had called back. 

"Hello?" She asked. 

"What? Hurry. Get ready." 

"I didn't need as much time as I thought, I'm ready."

"Good," I spit the piece of apple in my mouth out and grabbed my keys, "mom, I'm going out."

"Don't talk on the phone and drive." She said, but I ignored her and clamoured into the car. Viper's truck was gone, and I didn't bother wandering where he had taken her. I started it and remembered the phone in my ear. 

"I'll be there in like five minutes." I hung up and pulled out. My tank was almost empty and I scowled. I was excited now, and couldn't wait to get to Jump Street. I went to Savannah's first, to look less desperate to go. I pulled in and honked my horn a series of times. She came jogging out in cute shorts and a tank top that showed her sports bra a bit more than it should. She was blessed with a big chest, and curves as well. I started to hate being the 'skinny minnie' a bit more. She shut the door and buckled. 

"Hey stud." She laughed and pointed at my gauze foot. I scowled at her too, and then turned from her driveway. 

"I have to get gas, do you want a drink."