Chapter Twenty Four

My eyes felt strange when I opened them, lighter, almost. It was a relief to have things in place, but it would be a bigger one of Cecilia came around too. She'd need to bring quite an apology and work to pull Viper from the mental shipwreck she left him in. He most likely wouldn't trust her, but she'd be on better grounds with him than I would be. I laughed to myself and forced through the covers to the bathroom. Viper was in the living room, awake and watching T.V. I nearly called out a good morning but remembered I had to stay silenced unless he spoke to me first. I sighed, and started the shower. I felt sweaty, and too hot. I let the water stay on the colder side and soaked up the temperature to relax my feverish one. I dressed in light, airy clothes and was glad when I got outside. The light was beaming down from every direction and I was warmed instantly. I walked to the hose, and turned the nozzle. The water flowed through it audibly. I turned and watered my mother's flowers and then studied my car. The dirt almost reached the windows. I turned the nozzle onto the car and let the water wash away a partial part of the ruins. The mud washed down the driveway and I watched it flow into the grass. 

"You're wasting water." I spun quickly and Viper hardly dodged the water from the hose as it shot across to him. "Whoa"! He yelled.

"I'm sorry." I frowned, hating myself for screwing almost everything up. "I'm sorry! I'm- I didn't know you were talking to me." I squinted against the sun to see if his face looked like he had remembered he wasn't and he changed his mind. 

"You mean well." He said in the apathetic way of avoiding 'it's okay', or 'I forgive you'. I smiled, trying not to push him into talking to me, even though I was bursting at the seams with questions and dying for answers. "Ask them." He said, reading my mind with our twin telepathy. I grinned. 

"Where are you going?"

"Cecilia called," he said, "I'm going to pick her up so we can talk." 

"Alright." I said, "Cool." Although I wanted to warn him of a million things. I wanted to tell him to be careful, to be cautious, to not hurt her, to not get angry, not to go back to the crack house for anything, and to keep Cecilia far away from me. While he was getting a handle on things, I was losing it. He smiled at me, and headed out of the driveway on his bike. I thought about washing it too, to make up for all my ignorance, but he hadn't waited for me to, so I assumed he didn't care if I did or not. I sighed, and killed the water. I went inside, and changed into different clothes to avoid the terrible scud stains and decided to call Savannah. She didn't answer on the first ring, but called back immediately. 

"Hello?" She asked. She sounded panic stricken, and rushed.

"Hey," I said in a soothing voice, "let's hang out."

"Is Viper home?"

"No, he went to Cecilia's." She groaned loudly as I spoke and I had to hold the phone away from my ear. "Why?"

"Just, come get me. I have a lot to tell you." 

"Alright." I sounded unsure. 

"When can you come?"

"When do you want me-"

"Now." She hung up and I glanced at the screen as her name flashed into our picture in my background. I shook it off, and grabbed my keys. My car was most likely short on gas, and I would probably have to stop in order to make it to Savannah's. I drove down to the gas station and got out to pump gas. A group of girls stood in the corner snickering. I felt as though it were about me, and as I approached the door to pay, it was confirmed.

"She doesn't dress like a lesbian." One of them said, and I ignored it.

"I wonder if she'd think I was cute." I ignored it, and she wasn't cute. I continued into the station and paid. I wondered around, not sure I wanted to head out into the station's lot to more of their comments. I found myself in the drink section, and gathered a couple to store in the car, and one for me and Savannah. I ordered a sandwich from the deli, and paid again for all the of other things. I walked out and popped the trunk of the car. I set my drinks in and then put Savannah and I's lunch in the back.