06

The five sitting at the dinner table jumped at the loud scary sounds that were coming from outside. The men at the table looked at each other and got up to run over to the window big in the dinning room. They moved the curtains and looked outside to see pirates, fire, and gun/canon shots.

"Pirates! It's pirates! They're attacking Port Royal!" Mr. Thompson exclaimed.

"We need to hide! Quickly!" Mr. Adams said frantically.

"I'll go get Evelyn!" Leo said to the men and darted out of the dinning room and into the foyer.

"Mr. Adams, what do we do?!" Exclaimed Mrs. Adams as she jumped out of her seat along with Mrs. Thompson. The husbands rushed over to their sides, holding their scared wives.

"Darling, don't worry, I will go with Leo and John to help protect the house. You and the girls hide a the room upstairs. Do not come out until I say so!" Charles said to his wife who began to sob.

"Oh my beautiful house will be attacked by pirates!" She sobbed.

"Never mind the house, go!" Charles said pushed his wife along with Katherine to go.

~

Evelyn rushed out of her bedroom with her beautifully crafted sword in one hand and her nightdress in the other. The sound of her feet pounding on the wooden floor boards echoed through the house until she reached the top of staircase.

Leo began running up the stairs but came to a sudden stop when he saw Evelyn running down the stairs. "Evelyn! Pirates are here and are coming to the house, you need to hide." He said blocking her path for her to move.

"I know and I know how to fight them! Leo, I can handle this, please move! I do not need to hide!" She exclaimed glancing at the front door.

"No I will not let you! Your safety is my main concern and I will do everything I can to protect and save you. I will handle this." He said looking up at her with pleading eyes.

Evelyn panted slightly, her words coming out in whispers. "Leo, that's very sweet but I'm not the princess who is going to be a damsel in distress anymore. I am going to be the princess who saves myself."

"Evelyn, please." He begged softly.

Banging on the door caused them to look towards it then quickly back at each other. Evelyn grabbed on to the stair railing and lifted one of her legs. She pushed off of the leg on the step and swung herself over the railing. Once she was over, she dropped to the ground and landed on her feet. Her eyes widen for a moment at the action she did and looked off into space for a a moment. "I can't believe I did that! I didn't even know I could do that!" She exclaimed in her head. Shaking her head, she ran past a table in the center of the foyer and halted in her steps at her parents and Mr. and Mrs. Thompson standing to the side beside the staircase.

Bang!

"Evelyn! What the hell do you think you are doing!" Her mother screeched, froze in her spot with wide eyes.

Bang!

"Don't worry, mother." Evelyn paused, pulling her sword out of the scarbbed. "I'll be just fine." A shaky breath passed her lips. Petrified nerves swirling around inside of her. "Am I really going to do this?"

The front door flew open and three pirates pool in through it. They all were different looking except for the fact they were filthy head to toe. Their teeth were either yellow or brown, their nails and body covered in dirt, and two of the men had messy, tangled hair. The dark skin man with dreads tied back, who looked like the leader of the three, was the tallest besides the two bronze tan men with long hair. The clothes they were wearing we freshly clean probably due to the fact they stole them. Swords were in each of their hands, ready to strike. Their eyes fell on to Evelyn.