12

"There's something I have to tell you..."

Will straightened his back, his brown eyes staring into her scared emerald green one's. His face soften. "What is it?"

Evelyn felt like she was going to be sick. She fiddled with her clammy fingers and tangled it with her filthy, smelly dress. "I have a lot of things to tell you actually but-" The girl was cut off short by another voice.

"Mr. Turner." Jack called, the sound of the pirates' boots on the wooden floor board booming. "Time to go." He said walking up to the two.

"Wait, Jack, can I just have a moment with Will before you go." Evelyn turned her head to the side to look at him.

"No, if we are going to do this we are doing this now." Jack turned to face Will. "William." He gave a firm nod before turning on his heels. Then Jack walked off towards the dingy.

Will gave a sigh and followed his footsteps. "I will have to talk to you later, Evelyn." He spoke to Evelyn as he walked past her.

Evelyn took in a deep breath and gripped her dress tight and marched after him. "Will, please."

"Can't it wait until I get back?" Will asked gently, throwing a glance over his shoulder to her.

A group of crew men walked in between the two making it hard for Evelyn to catch up. Her feet did a little dance as she watched for the men blocking her path before slipping past them. "No, it can't."

Will climbed over the railing and on to the dingy, carefully walking on it.

Evelyn tripped and fell on to the railing of the ship. Pulling herself closer, Evelyn reached out and grabbed Will's hand causing him to jump slightly, snapping his head in her direction. "Please Will, it's important." She begged, giving a firm stare.

Will only gave her a smile and the dingy began to be lowered into the water. "Don't worry, you can tell me later." He said, his head traveling up as he was lowered down. Pressing a kiss on the back of her hand, Will let go of it before sitting himself down in the dingy.

Evelyn gave a little pout as she watched the tiny boat rest upon the water. Her eyes followed after it as she gave a little sigh. "But what if it's too late." She whispered pathetically.

"What if what's too late, Miss Adams?" A slightly rasped voice came from behind Evelyn.

She gasped and spun around, holding a hand over her heart. "Mr. Gibbs." Evelyn closed her eyes for a second, breathing out his name.

"Sorry if I scared you." Mr. Gibbs held up his hands in defense.

"No, no it's just you startled me that's all." Evelyn gave a little chuckle, running a hand through her strawberry blonde hair.

"What will be too late?" Mr. Gibbs asked again.

"Oh." Evelyn glanced over her shoulder at the little boat decreasing size as it rows further and further away. "I just have to tell Will something that's all."

"Tell him that you're in love with him?" Evelyn turned her head and gave him a smirk.

"Yes."

"I am no god of love nor man of love myself but I can tell when someone is in love." Mr. Gibbs walked over to Evelyn and pulled up two barrels for them to sit on beside the railing.

"Thank you." Evelyn said politely, moving her skirt to see where she was sitting. The two sat down comfortably and looked at each other. Mr. Gibbs leaned with a hand on his knee with his leg resting on a wooden box while Evelyn sat up with her legs crossed and to the side of her. The two sharing knowing smirks. "So." Evelyn said lightly.