07

"Excuse-excuse me-excuse me." Evelyn said kindly as she bumped into and slipped by people in the busy town. She held her causal emerald green dress in her hands and she made her way through. Everyone was busy cleaning up and trying to fix everything after the mass destruction from last night. Carefully, she watched as she walked on the broken glass, food, hay, and chunks of wood that were scattered all over the dirt road. Animals walked around freely, scouring the area at all the best food that was on the ground and covered in dirt.

Evelyn's eyes flickered to Will's unconious body lying on the ground. Her breath hitched her throat. Clentching her fist around the fabric tighter, she breathed out his name and ran past people towards him. "Will!" She called to him.

The chickens that walked around him all fled as she ran around hims body, sinking to her knees at his side. "Will?" Evelyn tried again as she anxiously scrunched up her eyebrows and placed a hand on his chest to shaking it. Leaning over causing her strawberry blonde curls to fall in front of his face, she cradled his face in her hands and ran her thumbs over his cheeks. "Will, darling, wake up." She begged as she shook his face.

Will slowly opened his eyes and looked up at her with confusion. "Evelyn?" He rasped out, lifting his head slightly.

A smile slipped on to her face as she looked down at him. "Yes, Will, it's me."

"Oh my god." He breathed out and instantly sat up, pulling her into his embrace, a bit on his lap. He laid his head on top of hers and cradled her slightly. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Will asked and pulled back to look at her face, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. He held her face with one hand and looked at the tiny little bruise on her cheek bone. "What happened?" He asked seriously, looking at her eyes.

Evelyn stared at him with a dazed expression for a minute. Shaking her head and blinking rapidly, she regained her thoughts. "Oh that? Well, I got into a little bit of a fight with a pirate last night and I tried outdoing the level of bravery I have. So as a result of that he slapped me hard but do not worry, I did far worse damage." She gave him a big, proud smile.

Will relax a bit, realizing she was alright. A smile formed on his face. "You did worse than that?" He pointed to the tiny bruise.

"I'm a lot tougher than I look." Evelyn's smile faltered a bit and she looked to the side for a second. "I think."

Will gave a little chuckle. "You are a strong woman, Evelyn. A bit different now, now that I think about it." He said thinking, his eyes narrowing as he studied her.

"Is it a good different?" Evelyn asked. She felt herself grown a bit different than she usually is.

"It is." He said causing her to blush slightly. "Evelyn, I'm just so relieved to see that you are alright."

"So am I, they wouldn't let me come see you. I had to wait until today to come." Evelyn said softly. "What happened to you?" Her eyes scanned his face for any damages.

The memories from last night flooded back into his mind. "Elizabeth." He breathed out and looked at the spot where she was kidnapped from.

"What?" Evelyn snapped ever so softly, making a little face.

"Come along, Evelyn." Will said pulling Evelyn up from the dirty ground.

~

Will and Evelyn rushed to where Commodore Norrington and Governor Swann stood in an outside mapping room that was full of British soldiers. They walked up and stairs and inside the grey stone walls but no one looked up. Evelyn leaned back against the stone wall while Will stood in front of the wooden table.