20

Evelyn stood in front of the small body mirror studying her image. A little frown was on her pink lips as she turned side ways, running her hands down her stomach to her skirt. Leo wasn't kidding when he said he brought her a change of clothes. The dress she was wearing was just like her emerald green dress except the color was cream. This one had no ruffled at the end of her sleeves that stopped halfway down her forearm and her skirt wasn't as big. It was beautiful yet casual, simple to her. Evelyn gave a sigh as she turned back forward, her emerald eyes moved up to her face. Taking a step forward, she saw how tired her eyes. She noticed her puffiness had gone down once Leo left for her to change. Looking up, she saw how messy her hair had gotten while it was clipped back. Reaching up, she slowly pulled out the clips, letting her hair flow free. Her hair curled more since she didn't brush it. Her eyes remained on the mirror images as she slowly bent down to the stool like table to place the clips on it. Standing tall again, she kept looking at herself without speaking a word or thinking a thought. A knock on the door caused her to jump slightly, she closed her eyes for a second while placing a hand on her chest. "Come in." Her voice sounded rough since it was the first time she spoke in a while. Clearing her throat, she opened her eyes and peered into the mirror as the door opened.

Leo appeared in the doorway, taking a breath as she turned to look at him. "Everything alright?" He asked softly. Evelyn gave a little nod and watched as he closed the door behind him. "I hope the dress choice was okay, Amelia let me picked it out." He said giving a little smile.

"It's perfect thank you." She said giving a weak smile, placing her hands behind her back.

Leo mirrored her action. "You look beautiful." He tried, looking closely to see if that would make a real smile blossom on her lips in any way.

A blush crept it's way on her cheek. She looked down shyly from his gaze. "You probably look better than I do." She whispered out jokingly, a small but real smile appearing.

Leo let out a breath of relief through his nose, an amused grin forming on his lips. "Thank you but I'm afraid your beauty outshines mine. The only thing beautiful about me is my hair." He half joked as he ran a hand through his brown shoulder length hair.

Evelyn scoffed her laugh, still avoiding his eyes. "You do have really nice hair."

"We both do." Leo grinned grew as he looked at her.

Relaxing a bit, Evelyn finally looked at Leo. "You said you wanted to talk to me about something?" She questioned, changing the subject.

Leo's grin noticeably faltered. His grin then fully dropped and he extended a hand from behind his back to the small bed that rest against the wall of the little cabin. He motioned for her to sit. Evelyn looked between his face and his hand before she walked over to the bed. Leo followed behind her, sitting down right beside her. They turned their heads and looked at each other. "There is something I need to tell you." He paused then added quickly. "Well something I want to talk to you about."

"I'm all ears." Evelyn said gently, holding her hands up as she looked at him before lowering them on to her lap. Straightening her posture, she waited for him to go on.

Leo looked at her with a soft, almost sad expression. "I know you're in love with Will." Evelyn froze, body stiffing as she waited for him to go on. Almost sensing her distrubance, Leo continued. "Don't worry I'm not bothered or angry, Evelyn, it's how you feel." He paused, watching her tense body relaxed ever so slightly. "Does he know?" He asked curiously, eye studing her face.

Evelyn felt her eyes burn as tears pricked her eyes. She hated about talking about it. It made her feel so embarrassed and hurt. Without responding, she nodded her head, dropping her eyes down to the side.