21

The sun had finally set making the sky dark with little to no stars. Everything outside of the ship had been quite and a little unsettling for some people. It had been a few hours since Leo left Evelyn all alone in her cabin. The bottom of her cream dress swept across the wooden floor as Evelyn paced back and forth thinking over her plan. She froze and looked into the body mirror with a bright expression. Her face falls shortly after that. "I can't do that, I'd get him killed." With that, she continues her walk back and forth across the wooden floor boards. Her heels were the only sound in the room besides occasional frustrated sounds from Evelyn. The girl's fingers clasped together as they hovered over her stomach as she thought to herself. Closing her eyes, she stops walking and turns around holding her hands up in defense. "Okay." She said aloud to herself. "This can either work out and everyone gets along in the end or can end horribly and quite possibly get myself and probably Will killed. First,  I'll sneak off the boat, get in a dingy, row into the cave, and fight off pirates until I can grab Will and get out of there-actually on second thought this is a terrible plan and I am going to die but at least it's a plan. Is it a good one? Absolutely not. Will I get killed? Almost absolutely." Evelyn started pacing as she spoke faster to herself. She stopped and closed her eyes again and rubbed her temples as butterflies fluttered in her stomach. "I'm just nervous, I'm freaking out because I'm nervous." She said softly trying to reassure herself.

"Miss, Adams?" A polite, male voice came from behind the door.

"Yes?" She called politely, opening her eyes to look at the door.

"Are you alright? I can hear you talking to yourself from the other side of the ship."

"I'm quite alright thank you." Evelyn replied innocently.

"Well if you say so..." The man from behind the door said, his voice trailing off unsure before walking off.

Evelyn waited until the sound of his footsteps disappeared then she turned back around to continue talking. "How am I going to get past the sailors? More importantly how am I going to get past Leo?" She grew quite and pressed the tip of her index finger on her cheek with her arm under her bent elbow. Evelyn walked across her room from the door and turned back around and walked to the door, stopping halfway. Her eyes stared ahead of her to the brown, wooden door down to her hand crafted sword that leaned against her small bed that was pressed up against the wall. She looked back at the door then back down at her sword once more. "I think it's time I take a page out of Jack's book and improvise." Bending down, she grabbed her sword and tied it around her. Turning on her heels, she looked at the small circular window that in the middle of the wall furthest from the door. She leaned on her right foot, sticking her hip out as she stared at the window stumped. "Well I don't think I can fit through there so I guess a little tour of the ship won't hurt." Evelyn whipped around and quickly ran to her door. Quietly, she opened it and shut it behind her, looking from her left to her right for any sailors. She turned right and walked down the dark hallway. Coming up to two glass doors, she looked over her shoulder and the quietly opened the doors to slip in. Turning around, she slowly closed the door shut. A little smile appeared on her face as she quietly backed away from the door, quietly chuckling to herself at her sneaky skills.

"Evelyn?" A deep voice said from behind her. Evelyn screamed. Jumping around and stepping on her dress, she instantly fell flat on her back on the floor. "Oh my god, are you alright?"

Evelyn lifted her upper half up to lean on her elbows. Looking up, she saw Leo standing right above her. "Leo! What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" He asked holding his hands out for her to take. Evelyn laid back down and reached up to grab his hands. Leo gripped her hands and pulled her to her feet. He looked at her while she fixed her dress. Evelyn finished fixing her dress and looked up to meet Leo's slightly narrowed eyes. "You're going after him aren't you?" He asked.