four

The second day on the train and Marcus still continues to speak cockily of himself. The boy has muscle, yet not brains. That's the problem.

 His family is the richest somehow, even richer than the Mellark's family who has their own bread store. His parent's had enough to get him some practice with weapons and enough food that his bones will never pultrude through his skin. With his tan and muscular body, brown, dirty blond hair and blue eyes make him easy for sponsors. As for his female partner, she believes she has little chance.

And now she sits in her seat, his voice annoying the female to it's highest extent. Effie isn't helping either, boasting his ego while contradicting the girl on not speaking enough

 " I know I'll win this," he announces once more, biting into the apple for his third breakfast. The girl peels an orange as two other apples sit on her plate.

 " Yeah, totally," Haymitch mumbles, pouring some liquor into his coffee. Effie walks in, greeting the three and questioning the girl's name again. She gives up quickly though, filling her plate up. " How do you think you'll do?" She looks up, seeing Haymitch take a drink from his cup before looking at her.

 " She wouldn't win. Too weak." She raises a brow, taking a look at herself. A memory flashes of her brother telling her this story when she was young. It was about a woman called a 'nun' who never showed her skin, only her face and hands. That's what I feel like, a nun.

 " And how do you know she's weak?"

 " She showed me a lot of herself a while back, as with many others. Aren't I correct?" No word is said as the girl grabs the knife beside her plate, stabbing it in between his fingers. Leaning over against the table, the two are only inches away. Grabbing his knife, she sticks it under his chin, right against his jugular vein.