ten

" In two weeks, twenty-three of you will be dead. One of you will be alive, who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days. Particularly to what I'm about to say. First; No fighting with the other tributes. You'll have plenty of time for that in the arena.

" There are four compulsory exercises. The rest will be individual training. My advice is don't ignore the survival skills. Everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes. Ten percent from infection, twenty percent from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife." With those words being, said everyone begins training.

Marcus speaks with the Careers, who are practicing with the weapons. Jace crouches in the snare station, building one while looking at the other tributes. She takes a moment to look at game makers, finding Sir Seneca staring at her. She tilts her head at him. He follows like a little puppy. A smirk replaces her lips, looking away.

She walks over to the Edible Plants Station, where the District Five Girl is, her red head making her stand out.

Jace stands beside her, waiting to go next. She glances at District Twelve before looking back at the screen. She continues to match them until there is none left, showing her time of one minute and twenty-three seconds. She moves over, allowing Ace to go.

It begins, yet she stares at the screen for a few moments. Gradually, her fingers move swiftly, despite feeling very numb at the moment. Glancing to her side, she finds the redhead shocked for some reason. When Ace looks back down, she sees she's already finished. The time shows forty-two seconds. Ace can only shrug at this, now facing the redhead. She gives a nod in thanks before walking away, the girl's face still covered in shock.

Jace moves to where a rope course begins. Looking up, she's able to see it covers the ceiling of the training center.

Her fingers grip the rope tightly, beginning to climb. It moves under the girl's weight, making Jace become upside down. Nonetheless, she continues climbing, her grip becoming tighter as she gets onto the ceiling. She tangles her legs with the rope before letting go, allowing herself to dangle by her lower half. She looks around, seeing District Eleven Girl up here as well.

Ace waves at the girl, receiving a shy wave back. She climbs over to her, going back to the dangling position. " What is your name?" She wonders, bringing her fingers to her own hair.

" R-Rue," she stammers, trying to look anywhere but at Ace.

" Jace. Why are you afraid? You have me to help you." She looks at Jace in surprise before placing her pinky out. A smile forms, the elder placing her own pinky out, creating a pinky promise. A bell rings, signaling it is time for lunch.