six

As the sun comes up, the light makes it through the leaves and branches of the fake tree Ace lays atop of, bags beginning to form underneath her eyes.

She sits up quietly, her back cracking from the uncomfortable position she laid in. A heavy breath leaves her breath before she looks beneath her, wondering if the Careers have fallen asleep.

Her eyes strain to see that far, however from what she can tell, they're all asleep. She lets a thought pass through her mind before shrugging, too irritated to give a shit.

Jace lands on the ground with a soft thud. She turns to walk towards the river, only to nearly step on Clove's arm. A nervous breath escapes her lips, a devious smile on her lips as she sees a knife in Clove's hand.

With shaky fingers, Ace is able to take it from Two's grasp, a quiet sigh leaving her. Cautiously, she steps over the Careers, a feeling of fear running down her spine. It leaves her once she's out of the human minefield.

Looking at the sleeping Careers, her brows furrow, finally noticing Cato isn't in the group of sleeping tributes. As her eyes widen, she turns away, running towards the river once more.

While the group of tributes disappears from her line of sight, her momentum is cut short as she's tackled, a loud thud echoing through the forest.

Jace's mouth is covered with a large hand, another holding her hands down to the dirt. Her body thrashes violently before voice quiets her.

" Let's get this over with, shall we, Twelve?" Ace's body becoming stuff, her eyes opening to see the face of Cato. His hands leave her mouth and her own hands, grabbing the knife he had laid beside him. He holds it high above her head, before asking, " Any last words?"

" Keep an eye on Rue. Help her when she needs it."

" You aren't going to ask if I can spare you or anything?" Cato wonders, raising a brow.

" Just get this over with," she sighs, closing her eyes. As the seconds pass, Jace slowly opens her eyes, looking to see Cato place his knife back on the ground. Pushing herself up by placing some weight on her elbows, Ace wonders, " You going kill me or just sit on my lap like a bitch?"

" Why is it that even though I could kill you, you still act like an asshole?"

" You want me to be a pushover like Glimmer then?" she smirks. It slowly disappears as Cato leans in slowly, creating the feeling she had given him so many nights ago.

" No, I like how you are." Their lips barely touch, a feeling of desire growing between. A whimper escapes Jace's lips, wanting a taste before a canon rings out through the arena.