®

The heels of the doctor's shoes echo in the bland hallway quietly before they stop, the man turning into a room. His sight lands on something different, seeing his patient awake and sitting on his bed.

"Mr. Hadley, you should rest-"

"Where's Jace?" The doctor sighs quietly, shaking his head at the boy.

"Mr. Ha-"

"Please. Is she at least okay?" The unnamed doctor bites his tongue, wondering if he should ignore the rules and bring Mr. Cato Hadley to Jace Griffet. Looking up from his clipboard, he sees a look in Cato he hasn't seen for a long time and can't find a word to describe it, but he knows people like him in the Capitol don't feel it very often.

Their footsteps echo again, Cato's bare feet somehow louder than the doctor's heels. It stops again as they turn into the only other room with a patient. The blond sprints pass the doctor, moving to be beside Jace.

Most of her leg is mechanical, it wrapped tightly as her body is covered in bruises from the fall she had. But she's still beautiful in Cato's eyes. He can already feel tears forming bit doesn't let them flow, instead grabbing her hand in his own. He places a light, airy kiss on the back of it, a smile forming on his lips while doing so.