fourteen

The sky above seems darker than usual. The feeling to jump off this tower grows stronger with each passing minute, yet Jace knows it's impossible to fix. She figured out they have a damn force field, and it embeds into her head that she's going to die. She will die. The thought makes her laugh loudly. " I'd be worse if I died from that bastard," she laughs aloud, a smirk plastered on her lips.

" What bastard?" Her neck cracks as she turns head, seeing the one and only once more.

" Marcus the dumb fuck," she chuckles, looking back at the dark sky. " He's all muscle yet no brain," she smiles, a giggle escaping her lips.

" Why so happy tonight? Is it because we had our interviews today?" he questions, sitting beside her. She shakes her head.

" No, I hated that with a passion. I drank some of Haymitch's alcohol," she grins, placing the bottle beside him. Cato's brows scrunched in concentration, letting a moment before taking a swig of it.

The tension between the two is small, compared to when they first met up here. It also helps the two are not completely sober. It's quiet, other than a loud gulp or wincing from the burn of the alcohol.

" Why are we drinking again?" Cato questions, a faint hiccup escaping him.

" 'Might as well at least drink once in my life before dying," Ace grumbles, her finger rubbing against the cool glass. " I'm going to die," she admits, turning to stare at the male. " You know that as well, Two."

" I think you have a chance," he grins, taking a sip from the bottle.

" Yes, before you kill me."

" Heh, you're not wrong, " Cato agrees. " If you die, it's because I'm killing, " he hiccups, laughter racking his body.

" I'll keep that in mind," Jace grins, before swallowing the poison once more.