four

" Split up. We meet here in tomorrow. If I'm not here tomorrow, I'll find you." Rue could only nod, sprinting off in the opposite direction the two came from. Jace lets a sigh escape her lips, rubbing her head tiredly.

" Hey! Look who it is!" Ace's head snaps up, seeing that the Careers finally noticed her. Jace can only roll her eyes, running beside the river before moving into the forest.

The Careers' footsteps are loud, echoing in the girl's ear, allowing her to indicate how far they are behind her, and it's about a forty-yard gap between them.

Ace takes a sharp turn, finding a tree that'd be a good spot, as she knew she wouldn't get past them. With one giant step, she jumps swiftly into the air, grabbing a piece of the tree bark.

When her grip is firm, she climbs quickly, sweat beginning to run down her neck and back. With a grunt escaping her lips, Jave gets to one of the highest points in the tree, letting a sigh as she lays down on the large branch.

" Get back here, you son of a bitch!" Glimmer screams, standing underneath the tree beside her allies.

" How about you get up here?!" Jace yells back, moving her arm before flipping the group off, a loud chuckle escaping her lips.

" I got this," Glimmer announces, grabbing an arrow from her quiver, before aiming her upwards towards Jace. She misses, which the latter points out.

" Great job, One," Ace applauds, clapping her hands slowly. " I almost felt the wind from that one," she states, sitting up. She moves, wanting to look down at the group. " How about you try to throw the sword?" Jace wonders, a devious grin on her lips.

" Let's wait her out." The smile leaves Jace's face as Cato continues. " She can't survive up their forever. We can just wait her out," he shrugs.

Glimmer only scoffs, grumbling she's going to look for firewood. The rest follow him. Cato stays though, looking up at Jace, his lip trapped between his teeth before sitting underneath the tree, not wanting Jace to escape his grasp.