five

As adrenaline drains instead of blood from Ace's body. She quietly hisses in pain, the burns she sustained from the orbs of fire showing their wrath.

She can only cover her lips, quieting her sounds of pain as the air makes the wounds sting even more.

" Fuck, fuck, fuck," Jace mumbles to herself, staring up at the fake stars through the fake leaves of the fake tree she sits on.

Capitol music doesn't ring like it usually does, signaling no one had passed, allowing some stress to leave Ace, only to come back as a sharp pain pierces the burn on her leg, another piercing the ones around her ankle and neck.

Tears escaped her eyes, afraid to move and too afraid to speak. However, the beeping of something enters the empty space, making the injuries and the Careers to look up from their little campgrounds below the tree.

A container lands on Jace's lap, the parachute falling on top like a blanket. The girl moves slowly, unlatching the top to find medicine, alcohol, and a note inside.

'Keep those wounds clean. What is going on between with you and Cato? -Haymitch'

Jace gives a look of annoyance, flipping off the air before sitting up cautiously. She opens up the small bottle of alcohol, pouring some on her wounds. It doesn't come with a reaction though, the girl growling, forcing her lips between her teeth to soften the blows. She then rubs the medicine against her wounds, which surprisingly feels good against her skin, making a sigh escape her lips.

She places the medicine in her bag when done, a heavy breath escaping her as her eyelids grow heavy with dreams.