one

The body lays unconscious beside Cato, the two in a cave he found that day. Now it's night, the sun disappearing and now being replaced by a crescent moon.

The Capitol's music rings out, making Cato move outside, wanting to see who had specifically died today. He knew two had died, but he wanted to know who else. As he stares at the sky, he sees the faces of District Three Boy, Clove, Glimmer, Marvel, and Marcus in the sky. It takes a moment before Rue appears as well, before the song and the pictures vanish.

He figures his allies passed from the forest fire. It just ended not too long ago thanks to rain pouring, soaking the two tributes. Marcus was killed by Jace of course. However, the death of Rue is one he's trying to force from his mind.

" Rue! Jace!" Cato screams, looking down at the two. He feels the fire close to his back, so he moves swiftly. He relocates his shoulder, a loud groan escaping past his teeth before he starts climbing down, ignoring the burning feeling in his shoulder.

When he reaches the bottom of the tree, he runs towards the two, stopping to look at the scene in front of him: Rue lays atop of Jace, her leg twisted in a direction it shouldn't be, as blood pours from her lips and nose, the back of her head cracked open, allowing blood to escape and soak into Jace's shirt. For Jace, he couldn't see everything that was wrong with her, only seeing that she has been knocked unconscious.

A cannon rungs out, forcing a quiet sob for Cato. He covers it up with a cough though, pulling himself together. Carefully, he picks up Rue's lifeless body before laying it below the burning tree. He looks around, finding flowers through this chaos. He snaps them, placing the flowers, in her hands. He wipes the blood from her face, before kissing her head softly.

Cato gets up, turning to look at Jace. When he's close, her places his ear next to her chest. He let's out a sigh of relief, hearing a heartbeat.