two

Time slowed down, the clock ticking down in front of the tributes. People stand completely still, afraid that if they move they'll be blown up by the mine underneath them.

Jace looks down, finding herself on a pedestal. Well, that's a new one. Usually, it's One, Two, and Four on the pedestals.

Her eyes grow curious, looking around to see which tributes she is around.

Five or six tributes to her left, she sees Rue; the girl doesn't show the fear, but her body language gives it away. Her hands shake, as it seems her knees are going to buckle at any moment. The girl looks around before her gaze is stuck on Jace. The latter smiles softly, comforting the girl.

Ace then looks to her right, finding the blond only a few pedestals away. His sight is already on her, eyes emotionless before he looks forward, staring at the clock that counts down to their death.

Ace looks forward as well, the large Cornucopia the center of attention. A large assortment of weapons and survival is inside and beside the large cone. As you get further away from the Cornucopia, the fewer items there are. The closest there is to Jace is a bag, which probably has near to nothing inside.

Her eyes slowly travel to the peak of the cone, finally looking at how much time there is left before many children die. Only six seconds, her favorite number.

She leans forward, knowing what she's going for. And then a cannon sounds.