eleven

" Look who finally got a friend." Jace's eyes move, seeing Marcus standing between Jace and Rue. The little girl becomes a bit pale in fear. Ace forces a cough from her throat, looking down at her food as he continues. " What? Too afraid to speak to me now? Since I'm a Career?" Her grip tightens on her fork, taking another bite, the room quieting down as the male grows louder. She looks up, seeing the Careers waiting at me for a reaction. Ace only chews her food as his hand slams down on the table, rattling the trays. She takes another piece and places it in her mouth, before taking a moment to look at Rue, seeing her staring back with fear.

 Jace can only sigh in annoyance, standing up and walking out of the room. She moves back to the stations, finding herself particularly interested in the knives. She tries to pull her eyes away, but obliges to the itch, walking over to them.

The metal is cold to the touch, it's almost placed in Jace's hand instead of grabbed. She looks up at the dummies in front of her, wanting to kill each and everyone as if they were real.

 " You should leave the knives to the professionals. You could hurt yourself." Averting her eyes, she sees the Careers. The District Two Girl, Clove she believes, with a smirk as they all follow her. Ace turns her eyes back at the knife in her grasp, tracing the skin on my arm with the blade. Slowly, she allows the blade to pierce her skin, red liquid leaving the wound as she pulls the knife away. When she looks up at the group, all stare at her as if she's insane. Cato; he gives a barely noticeable smirk.

 " If you want it...take it," Ace speaks, moving the blade so it nearly pierces her palm, the handle towards Two.

Clove stares at the girl for a few seconds before walking towards her. She goes to grab until Ace pulls it from her grasp, making a glint of anger show in her eyes. " C'mon. Take it. Are you really going to lose your knife to a District Twelve tribute?" Jace wonders, tilting her head like a pup. Her eyes glance at the gamemakers, seeing them looking at the two before moving back to Clove.

 " How about you-" Marcus gets cut off by Clove raising her hand, before she moves closer to Ace. Clove stares a moment before trying to grab the small knife, only for Ace place it in her other hand. Twelve repeats this action until Clove throws a sloppy hook in anger.

Jace reacts swiftly, moving out of the way. She throws another sloppy hook, Twelve reacting by grabbing her arm, twisting it behind her back. She kicks out her legs from under her, falling to the floor. Ace places her knees on Clove's back, the knife in her free hand.

 " You lost~" she sings, getting up and off her. Clove gets up quickly, wiping the imaginary dust off her, embarrassment and anger creating redness in her face. Jace turns around, placing the knife back on the table before walking to the rope course, everyone coming back to continue training.