2

Ardashir hummed to the music blasting in his earpods as the elevator ascended to the 27th floor, his feet tapped against the marble, grooving to the rhythm of the music in his head. He adjusted the coffee holder in his hand when the elevators opened.

'I am here to see, Miss Armineh Zain Ahmed.' He spoke, bending over the reception. The receptionist didn't even look up, her fingers flying over the keyboard of her laptop with a speed of a hundred words per minute.

'Do you have an appointment, Sir?' The receptionist asked adjusting her glasses on her nose.

'No.'

'You need an appointment to see Miss Armineh. With all due respect Sir, she is a very busy woman. I suggest next time you come, take an appointment, beforehand.' The receptionist muttered, giving him a passing glance. The quick movements of her fingers interested him. He shifted his gaze back to her.

'I am Ardashir Hamza Omer if that helps?' Ardashir sassed, sliding his business card to the woman.

'I am sorry, Sir. You may see her but she's in a me-meeting right now.' The receptionist stuttered, visibly shaken when she looked up from the card to the handsome man before her with wide eyes.

Ardashir watched the woman as she scrambled to her feet with amusement, his lips quirked in a smirk.

'Please follow me, Mr. Ardashir. I'll show you to her office.'

Ardashir followed her, wordlessly as he looked around the chic interior of the floor.

'Please wait here. She'll be with you, shortly.' The receptionist gestured him inside a room. Ardashir was shocked to see the mess covering the ground. The paperwork scattered, dotted with red and blue files of the company.

Ardashir jumped over some sheets as he made his way to the chair. He kept the coffee holder on the wooden table and loosened his tie, glancing at the wall clock above Seth Godin's quote frame.

Impressive.

It was 5 in the evening and Armineh was still in the meeting while the floor was nearly vacant.

He hung his suit jacket on the chair beside him and rolled his sleeves to the elbows as his eyes drifted past the shelves searching for a prayer mat which he found on a console behind Armineh's chair. Ardashir collected the papers, stacking them on one of the flat surfaces of the shelf as he moved to open a single door in her office which led him to the washroom.

Armineh had taken her time to offer her prayers after the meeting. She was surprised to find Ardashir in prostration, in the direction of Kibla, on the floor of her office.

Her heart swelled at glorious sight before her. Armineh shushed her thoughts and made her way to the chair waiting for him to finish.

Blood rushed to Ardashir's neck when he realized Armineh had come, he had heard the doors slide open. He raised his hands for Dua, before collecting the Jaye namaz only to find her gaze fixed on him when he turned to face her.

Armineh blushed rosy, fumbling with the drawer. She heaved a deep breath and raised her head to find him seated before her.

'I apologize if you had to wait too long and Please make yourself at home.' Armineh commented gesturing to his discarded tie and coat. His socks and shoes beside her desk.

Ardashir gave out a short laugh ignoring the first part of her sentence, appreciating her sense of humor. 'Of course.'

'Would you like something?- Oh! Never mind, I see that you have arranged for that too.' Armineh said, struggling with the smile playing on her lips as Ardashir slid a cup of coffee towards her which she slid back.