19

Cheers to 2K reads! Thank you ♥♥

(Read the end note, please and Tell me.'

3 years later

11th February'15

'Baba, is he coming?' Amaan asked, his arms folded across his chest as he stood against the wall, his head slightly bent, his feet crossed over each other, facing his father.

Amaan blinked as his father nodded, solemnly.

'Go before he sees you but stay close.' His father utterred in a gravel voice as he gazed into oblivion, Amaan didn't know how he'd approach the topic but if anyone could do it, he knew it was him.

Amaan nodded taking his leave as he shuffled out of the room and into the adjoined library.

Yahya Firas took a deep, calming breath gathering his strength before he knocked at the door of his Father's study.

'Come in.' Yahya heard him and his heart jolted in his chest.

Yahya walked with small steps inside the room, if one could look at him, they wouldn't know the chaos that rose in him, they wouldn't notice the heaving of his muscled torso and his ragged breaths.

They would see what he'd want them to see. His tall, lean stature, his broad shoulders and his measured steps, the confidence that oozed from every pore of his body. His handsome face but not his misty eyes, not the angry veins that ran down his muscular arms to his long, nimble fingers and not his curled fists. They'd notice even the slight shake of his head but not the unsteady bob in his throat and they wouldn't hear the thundering of his heart against his ribcage but he would as it would ring in his ears, sometimes too loud, enough to drown others, enough to remind him that he was alone, alone as he had been, then.

'Come, sit.' His father gestured to the vacant victorian chairs in front of him as he sat behind the Mohogany table, his gaze fixed on his eldest son.

Yahya pinned his gaze on his father,

'I have got a proposal for you.' His father utterred, sitting back against the chair as he pulled a drawer open.

Yahya nodded but confusion bubbled inside him.

What proposal? How come he didn't know of it, before?

'I want you to hear, first with an open mind. I don't want you running out of this room before I've even got the whole word out. I am telling you this because we have always talked about it and nothing has come out of it, yet. It all changes today, I won't be taking no for an answer. I'll give you time but I won't accept your 'no'. Let's just say that it won't be profitable right away but it'll will be rewarding in near future if we succeed.' His father paused,'Are you with me?'

Yahya nodded, wordlessly.

❇❇❇

Present day

He was standing beside his colleagues barely paying attention to what they were saying, trepidation coated his forehead. He heard them but the words didn't register in his brain. Too many faces. Too many bodies. Too many people.