58

Yaar intezaar nahi horaha tha.

I was also done with the edits.

Read 57!!

✨✨✨

La douleur exquise
(n.) the heart-wrenching pain of
wanting the affection of someone unattainable

🎇🎇🎇

Their pinky fingers were hooked before Yahya Firas shifted her dainty hand to the crook of his elbow, he wanted to appear with her in front of his guests. She made the public appearances less daunting and equally unforgettable.

"How do I look?" Armineh asked, running her nimble fingers through her loose hair for the umpteenth time that fine evening as she paced a hole in the floor of their room.

"Kitni khoobsurat ho. Kia phool khati ho?" Yahya Firas said, poetically. He was disappointed when she didn't react.

Yahya Firas moved from the mirror to stand before her and flattened a palm against her perfect face.

"Look at me," She couldn't stand still which made him, nervous as well.

Her kohl-rimmed eyes enchanted him, pulling him, closer and closer. Yahya Firas dipped his head and conveniently forgot what he had been saying. She had awfully messed up his heart and head, both.

"Yahya Firas, don't," Armineh spoke in warning as she pulled her lips in a thin line and pushed him away, a little. Yahya Firas straightened as her trance broke, they were already late.

"Look what you do to me," He complained, shoving a hand through his black hair as blood warmed his ears."What did you ask, I am sorry I forgot although it's entirely your fault." He smiled, cheekily."Say it, again?"

Armineh laughed, prettily and blushed just as deeply, "I asked, How do I look?"

His heated gaze traveled down the expanse of her body, slowly, she shifted on her feet as he marveled at her being his wife. Yahya Firas grasped her shoulders and pulled her, close.

"You'll look beautiful even if you wear nothing," Her husband's eyes widened when he belatedly realized what he had said.

Armineh was stunned, she covered her mouth to muffle her unrestrained laughter, it would have been awkward if she hadn't.

Yahya Firas floundered for words, not knowing what to say, "I mean... you know... you look... you look beautiful in every-thing you wear."

He pressed a hand to his neck when Armineh didn't stop laughing even after two minutes, He loved her tinkling laugh but it had bruised his ego. Yahya Firas bent his head to her ear, that shut her up, quickly.

"You look exquisite, today," He murmured in her ear, he couldn't keep away. Armineh swallowed a small gasp when his lips touched her ear and traveled forward to brush a reverent kiss against her flushed cheek. Armineh dragged a deep breath to calm her delirious heart when he rose to his full height,

"Ready?" He smirked.

Armineh nodded, dusting a tiny ball of lint from the starched collar of his earthly brown kameez while Yahya covered her hand hooked on his elbow with his large one, providing her with a sense of security.