45

Don't forget to read 44

❇❇❇

Armineh wrapped the shawl around her shoulders before she rushed from the room as soon as soon as her eyes had skimmed the last sentence on the last sheet of paper, wiping the remnants of tears from her rosy cheeks.

Find me before I am gone, Armineh.

Gone, where?

Armineh found him sitting at the foot of his king sized bed, his head leaned back against it, his eyes closed. Armineh sighed with immense relief on seeing him there before her.

"You're here. You scared the life out of me, Yahya Firas."Armineh scolded, quickly walking into the room once her eyes had taken their fill.

"And what's the meaning of this? Where are you going?" She questioned as she moved towards him, her eyes flitted between the paper and him, meaningfully.

"You came."Yahya Firas murmured as he looked at her, eyes rimmed red and Armineh sucked in a sharp breath, he resembled someone who hadn't slept in days, the bags under his eyes prominent than ever and the sadness swimming in them, heartbreaking. His skin looked pale as if it hadn't seen the sun in days, he hadn't allowed it to happen, cooped up in the room until this morning.

What can I do to take this misery away from you, Yahya Firas?

Yahya Firas's heart picked up its pace as he drank her blurry sight. The maroon shawl contrasted perfectly against her black shalwar kameez on her slim figure. It was irksome how her luscious hair flirted with her flushed cheeks. Yahya Firas suppressed the urge to pull her down and pull out the hair tie, freeing her hair so he could run his fingers through them, wove them around his fist to bring her close- A shudder traveled down the rigid length of his spine as he swallowed. His white kameez cling to his hot body like a second skin.

"Answer me. I asked you something." Yahya Firas blinked. Blinked again.

His eyes followed her as she moved to the windows with delicate steps, he frowned, her feet barely touched the ground, almost floating. She shut the windows, preventing the cold from creeping into his sanctuary, but what about the cold that had settled deep into his bones, a long time?

"Yahya Firas." Armineh sat down, bridal style on the floor beside him, keeping her distance and snapped her fingers in front of his face. His pupils seemed dilated, Armineh didn't think he heard her.

"Yahya Firas, "She tried, again when he stood up, abruptly, sending her heart into a wild frenzy. Armineh brushed a hand through her hair when she saw him stumbling towards his closet. He was mumbling something, something incoherent, shuffling his things around, turning his organized cupboard upside down.

Yahya Firas turned around with a bottle in his hands.

"Put it away, Yahya Firas. I have had enough of you drinking yourself to death." Armineh uttered, motioning at the bottle as she rose to her feet. Yahya Firas's lips lifted into a gut-wrenching smile, that was the purpose, wasn't it?

Of course, he didn't listen instead staggered to the console for the bottle opener. He put the bottle to his mouth before Armineh could stop him, he drank as if it was water. No sooner, he was bent over his knees, clutching the bottle to his chest as coughs wrecked his whole body.