chapter 1

POV: Sonic
I want to stop wearing that mask all the time. I want to stop hiding the tears that keep running down my muzzle when I start thinking. Sometimes I wish I could leave this world. So I don't have to pretend anymore. So I don't have to keep faking a smile on my face. I know one thing for sure and that's I don't belong here with those people who don't understand me and don't even try to understand me. Sometimes I want to close my eyes and never wake up again. Because there is no reason for me to live. But I don't want to leave everyone behind.

This is what I think as I cut in my arm once again. I have been doing this for almost a month and still, nobody knows about it. Why am I doing this? Well, because it's my fault that my family died. Oh and don't forget those people who are bullying me. Yep, I'm getting bullied. After all those years of fighting Dr. Eggman, who got killed, I still save the world sometimes but I also go to school and have a job. My school is called Mobotroplis High and I work at Club Rouge. Tails left the house where we used to live together. So I live on my own. I just came from school and it wasn't a good day. I'll tell you what happened.

—Flashback—

We had PE today. I waited until all the guys left and changed into my clothes. I walked out of the room and someone threw a ball right at my face. I couldn't dodge it so I got hit in the face by it. I yelped and fell on the floor. I sat up and opened my eyes. Shadow was standing in front of me with a grin on his face. He was probably the one who had thrown the ball.

Could my day get any worse..? The answer is probably yes...

Shadow hit my arm. I cried in pain. He smirked and kicked me in the stomach then walked away. I looked at my arm and saw small blood stains on my shirt.

Yeah... My cuts are open... again...

I didn't bother with it and walked to the coach who was explaining what we were going to do. When the class ended, I changed into my normal clothes. I ran to my next class and sat down before the teacher came in. Everybody was chatting with each other. Something was thrown against my head. It was a cramped piece of paper. I picked it up and saw there was something written on it.

———————————————
Dear Sonic,

I would love to see you at lunch behind the school. I have a surprise for you. See you later.

XXX
———————————————

Should I go? Why not. I have nothing better to do.

I put the letter in my bag and started paying attention to the teacher who was explaining something she had explained a dozen times already. English is so boring. I wish that this class was already over.

———

After 50 minutes which felt like hours, the English class was finally over. It was lunchtime so I went to the back of the school. Nobody was there, so I waited. After a few minutes, I saw someone coming this way.

Isn't that... Shadow?! Great, just great. It was all a trap.

"Hey Faker." Shadow said. I crossed my arms and give him a death glare.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, I just wanna talk." He said and took a step closer.

"Pff yea sure." I said and rolled my eyes and started to walk away. But Shadow grabbed my arm.

"You're not getting away that easily." He said and threw me against the wall. I got up and tried to punch him in the face. But he saw it coming and he tackled me. I fell on the floor and Shadow got on top of me. I kicked him off. I got up and he hit my arm. I cried in pain. I could feel the blood coming out of my cuts. I tried to hit him but I missed cause I was shaking too much. I fell on the floor with Shadow on top of me. He punched me in the face multiple times until I blacked out.

———

I woke up in the nurse office.

"Sonic! I'm so glad you woke up! I was worried!" Tails said who almost hugged me to death.

"I'm okay little bro." I said and patted his back. "What happened?" I asked.

"Well I was walking around the school and I found you lying on the floor breathing heavily. You were covered in blood, so I took you to the nurse office." Tails answered.

Did the nurse saw the cuts on my arm?! If so then I'm fucked...

"There was so much blood coming out your body that the nurse had to put bandages on the wounds so it stopped bleeding. She didn't get a good look at your wounds because it was impossible with the amount of blood. Do you know who did this to you?" Tails asked.

Oh thank Chaos the nurse didn't see the cuts...

"Sorry Tails but I don't know." I lied and looked down. The nurse came into the room and told me to go home and rest. So I went home.

—End Flashback—

And here I am, cutting myself. It's only pulling me further into the hole of darkness that used to have a small spark until it got lost one day, and it never returned.