chapter 14

POV: Sonic
No... Not now...Why now..?

I had an urge to cut. But I knew couldn't cut. I couldn't just grab a knife from the kitchen and I cut myself. Everything would be covered in blood. How would I be able to cover that up when someone found out.

"Hey Faker." Shadow said and rubbed my ear.

What is he doing? And how come I didn't notice him before?

"You're being lonely like usual." He laughed. His breath smelled like alcohol.

Oh great he's drunk...

"Hey!" Rouge yelled and pushed Shadow away from me. "Back off." She said and stood in front of me to protect me. Shadow growled at her but went to the other side of the room and sat down on a chair. I didn't like that he kept staring at me. It made me feel uncomfortable.

"Are you okay Big Blue?" Rouge asked and turned to look at me.

"Y-Yes I'm fine." I answered.

"You sure?" Rouge asked. I simply nodded. "Alright. Why don't you come play games with us?" She asked.

"I'm not in the mood for Twister." I answered.

"We can play another game that you like." Rouge suggested. I quickly shook my head.

"No no. You can go and have fun. I will come when you play another game." I said.

"Alright then. Just give a yell when Shadow tries to hurt you again." Rouge said. I nodded. She went back to the others. I looked over at Shadow whose eyes were still on me. He was just staring at me while drinking from a bottle of beer. I looked away from him but I could still feel him staring. I was uncomfortable with it.

Can't he look at anything else?

———

Seconds became minutes, minutes became hours. I have been sitting on the sofa for so long. I was bored out of my mind. The others were still having fun playing games. Shadow was drunk, really drunk. He had drunk all the bottles of beer he had brought with him. And he brought a lot with him. I needed to cut. I could no longer deny it. I stood up and made my way over to the restroom. It was the perfect place. It could be locked. There had to be something sharp there. I went around the corner. Now the others could no longer see me. Soon, I felt two arms being wrapped around my waist. I tensed up and looked over my shoulder to see Shadow.

"Sh-Shadow?!" I stuttered and couldn't help but blush from his actions. He purred and rested his head on my shoulder while pulling me closer to him. "Wh-What are you doing?" I asked. Shadow didn't answer me. Instead, he pinned me against the wall. He moved to my neck and nibbled on it. I moaned softly and wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands slipped under my sweater and pulled it off before he kissed me. I melted into the kiss. This felt like a dream. I had been hoping for this to happen for so long.

"You're such a turn on." Shadow said and left a very visible hickey on the side of my neck. I was okay with what he was doing until he started pulling my bandages off.

No! Now everyone can see my cuts!

"Shadow stop!" I demanded as I tried to get away but he didn't listen. He pressed his body against mine so I couldn't go anywhere. His hands moved up and down my arms. His nails sometimes opening a cut. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I tried to stay as quiet as possible. I didn't want the others to come and see me like this. Shadow was being kicked away from me. I looked up and saw the others. They were all looking at me. Well, more looking at my cuts. Everyone seemed to be shocked.

"..S-Sonic..." Tails said as he looked at me terrified. "..Wh-Why..?" He asked with tears in his eyes. I had my ears pinned against my head.

How am I gonna answer? I don't know. I don't know what to say. I don't know how to react.

"I will tell you why." Silver said. "For the attention."