chapter 17

POV: Sonic
I woke up. For once, I was in a good mood. My body didn't hurt much anymore either.

I can't wait to see Shadow. I can't wait to tell him.

I got up and went to my dresser. I grabbed a random outfit and put it on together with a new pair of socks and gloves. I went downstairs to make breakfast. I didn't find anything but fruit, mostly apples.

Oh well. It's something.

I grabbed most of the fruit and cut everything into small pieces. I put some of it in my lunchbox for school. I ate the rest. After that, I drank a glass of water.

I should put some new bandages on. Just so no one has to see it.

I grabbed one of the many first aid kits I had lying around. I covered most of my body with bandages. I used to only cut my arms. But now, it was my whole body. I packed my backpack before going back downstairs. I slipped my shoes onto my feet. Now that I was ready, I left my house and went to school. I felt excited. Kinda.

I just have to try to avoid the others. That's not gonna be easy. But I will try. I still can't believe they think I cut for attention. I didn't like the attention back in the days where I was still a hero. So why would I now? Like I said before, people don't understand what it feels like to go through a depression. Even others who have depression can't always understand each other since everyone has a different reason why they are depressed.

I arrived at school. I only needed to find Shadow. I walked around the school looking for him. I made sure I didn't bump into the others or any bullies. But Shadow was nowhere to be seen.

Where could he be?

After a while, I gave up and went to my class. I grabbed my books out of my backpack and placed them on the desk in front of me. The bell rang and more students came into the classroom. I looked if I could see Shadow. I saw him and Rouge walk to their seats.

I can't tell him now. I will do it when we have our break. I can wait.

Rouge gave me a look of disgust. I dropped my ears.

No. No negativity. Only positivity. It's okay Rouge doesn't like me. Not everyone can like me. Well, no one likes me except Tails and Knuckles. But that's okay.

I focused on the lesson that was starting. The teacher told us we were going to watch a movie about the body of a Mobian. Everyone who had placed their books on the table could put them back in their backpacks. When I was done with that, I placed my elbows on the table and rested my head on the palms of my hands. The movie started playing.

———

We had our first break now. I was at the cafeteria. Shadow was on his own.

This is a good time to tell him.

"Sonic!" I found myself trapped in a hug from Tails and Knuckles.

"We were so worried about you." Tails said as he quietly cried.

"We're sorry. We didn't know you went through this." Knuckles said and only held me tighter. "We would have helped you if we knew." He said.

"I'm the one who needs to say sorry." I mumbled.

"How bad is it?" He asked and looked at me with a serious face. I didn't answer and looked down. He pulled my sleeves up only to see bandages.

"Don't just do that." I said and pulled my arms back.

"That's it." Knuckles said and picked me up. "Come on Tails." He said. We went to the restroom where Knuckles placed my back on my feet. Without saying anything, he pulled my shirt off. Even though I had bandages covering the cuts, I still used my arms to cover myself.

"You're wearing more bandages than yesterday." Tails stated. I just looked down. Knuckles grabbed my wrists with one hand but made sure he wasn't hurting me. He used his other hand to pull the bandages off. Both of them gasped when they saw all the cuts. And they hadn't seen the ones on my lower body. I started to cry but silently.

"There are more, aren't there?" Knuckles asked with a shaking voice. I slowly nodded. He sighed and pulled my pants off before pulling the bandages off. "Tails, you have the cream with you right?" He asked. Tails nodded and looked through his back before giving Knuckles the cream.

"Wh-What is it for?" I asked.

"It will help your cuts with healing." Knuckles answered and applied some of the cream on his hand. He carefully rubbed the cream on my cuts. This took a while. "Wait a few minutes before putting your clothes back on." He said. I nodded.

I hope I still have enough time to tell Shadow.