chapter 6

POV: Knuckles
While Tails and I were waiting for the first period to begin, Rouge walked up to us.

"Hey guys, I wanted to give you these." Rouge said and handed Tails and me an invitation for a party she was giving.

"Who is coming?" Tails asked as he looked from the invitation to Rouge.

"You two, Silver, Blaze, Amy, and I still need to ask Shadow and Sonic." She answered.

"So it's a party for the team?" I asked. She nodded.

"It will be fun." Rouge said. "By the way, have you guys seen Sonic? I can't find him." She asked. Tails shook his head.

"No, we haven't seen him. Why?" He replied.

"I don't know. I just want to give him the invitation but I haven't seen him which is weird since he would normally be here already. But now he's gone. It worries me a little." Rouge explained.

"We will tell you when we see him." I said. Rouge nodded and walked over to Shadow who didn't even seem to notice her.

"Knuckles?" Tails said. "Is it just me or are you worried too now?" He asked and looked at me.

"You're not the only one." I answered. "But don't worry. He will come. Maybe he's just late." I said.

"My feelings are telling me something is wrong." Tails said.

"We'll talk to him when we have our break." I said. Tails nodded, being okay with that.

The bell rang and Tails and I walked into the classroom and found a place to sit next to each other.

———

We had our first break now, Tails and I were searching through the cafeteria to find Sonic. I spotted Rouge and called Tails over. We both walked up to her, she was sitting together with Amy, Blaze, Silver, and Shadow but no sign of Sonic. Now I started to worry more than I already did.

"Knuckie, Tails, did you guys see Sonic?" Rouge asked as she saw us walking towards them.

"We wanted to ask you the same thing." I said.

"So you haven't seen him?" Tails asked her. I looked at him and saw the worry in his eyes. He couldn't even concentrate in class because he was so worried about Sonic.

"Nope, sorry Hun." Rouge answered.

"Maybe he is sick and is throwing up in the toilet." Shadow said and chuckled at the last part.

"Not funny Shadow." Tails growled.

Wait a second... Did Shadow do something to him?!

"What did you do to him!" I growled and slammed my hands on the table.

"Why don't you find out yourself?" Shadow laughed before chaos controlling away.

"We need to find Sonic." Tails said and took off.

He just gave us a hint. The toilet.

I went to the restroom. No one was there.

"Sonic!" I called out. No answer but I heard something kick against one of the toilet doors. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I grabbed the door tightly and rucked it out. I saw Sonic sitting on the toilet, completely tied up so he wouldn't get away. He was crying and had his ears pinned against his head. I pulled off the cloth which was used as a gag before I untied him from the toilet. I tried to untie the other ropes but that didn't work. Tails would know how to do this. I grabbed my phone and dialed Tails' number.

"Have you found him?" Tails asked from the other side of the phone.

"Yes, I found him. He-" I answered but he interrupted me.

"Where are you?!" Tails asked.

"At the toilets." I answered.

"I'm on my way!" Tails said before ending the call. I looked back at Sonic after I put my phone away. He was still looking down at the floor.

"It's gonna be okay." I said and kneeled down in front of him. Tails rushed into the room together with Rouge.

"Sonic!" Tails said as he ran to Sonic and hugged him. Sonic started to cry more when he did.

"Poor Big Blue." Rouge said and stood next to me. Tails untied the rope around Sonic's wrists and ankles.

"Are you okay?" I asked even though I know it was a dumb question. Of course he was not okay. He had been tied up here for such a long time. Sonic glanced at me before looking back at the floor.