chapter 13

POV: Sonic
"Well.. uhm.. It's Shadow." I answered and looked down at the ground in front of me. It was quiet for some time.

He's going to be mad at me. He's so going to be mad at me.

"What?! You love the one who's making your life miserable!" Tails yelled as he looked at me shocked.

"I'm getting over my crush. Don't worry. I loved him before all of this happened. Not anymore, well not really." I said and pinned my ears against my head. I was lying once again.

I will probably get karma for lying. I can't tell the truth. I can't tell I still have a crush on him. He wouldn't like it at all. I know I can't love the one I love. I have tried to push my feelings for him away but that didn't work.

"I already thought so. How can you love someone who bullies and hurts you?" Tails said. I nodded.

"Do you have a love interest?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No. I haven't found someone who I have feelings for. And besides, I'm still young to be in a serious relationship." He answered.

"Don't worry. Eventually, you will find someone you love." I said and ruffled the hair on his forehead. Tails laughed and pushed my hand away and fixed his hair. Not much later, we arrived at Rouge's house.

It's strange to be here since normally she throws parties at her club.

Tails knocked on the door. After a few seconds, Rouge opened the door.

"Come in boys. The party is just about to start." She said and let us in.

"Guess we came just in time then." Tails said and walked in while I quietly followed him. "What do I need to do with the snacks and the drinks?" He asked.

"Give them to me. I will take care of it." Rouge said. Tails nodded and handed her the bag. Rouge took it and went to the kitchen. Tails and I went into the living room. The others were already there.

"Hey guys!" Tails said as he smiled brightly.

"H-Hi..." I said and waved.

"Took you two long enough." Knuckles said. "I thought you were supposed to be the fastest thing alive Sonic." He chuckled.

"I was." I mumbled.

"He just admitted Shadow is faster than him!" Silver laughed.

"Nope. Sonic will always be faster than Shadow." Tails said.

"Yea. Shadow is cheating by using his skates." Knuckles said. Rouge entered the room and placed bowls filled with different kinds of sweets and snacks on the table.

"Food!" Silver yelled and immediately started shoving food into his mouth.

"Okay guys. That is enough arguing about who is faster. Since everyone is here except for Shadow, we can play games." Rouge said and clapped in her hands. Everyone seemed excited, but I wasn't.

I'm sure I can't play most of the games. My arms are too weak to support my weight. They are too weak to lift anything. I have sometimes problems with lifting my backpack. And it hurts too. But I deserve it. I did it to myself so it's my own fault.

"Let's start with Twister." Amy said.

The others nodded, agreeing with her. Rouge went to get Twister. I sat down on the sofa. I knew I couldn't play the game with them.

"You're not playing?" Knuckles asked and sat down next to me while the others were setting up the game.

"No... I'm not feeling well..." I lied. It wasn't like I could do anything else.

"I understand, after what happened today." Knuckles said. I just nodded. "Just don't be a loner. When you want to talk, you can just ask me or any of the others." He said. I nodded again. "Good. Enjoy the snacks." He said and stood up.

"I will." I said and watched him walk back to others. They were having fun playing Twister. They were laughing, smiling, joking. Playing a game together while I sat lonely on the sofa.

I know I don't deserve to have fun or have a nice time with them.

I sighed and looked away from them. Their laughter was heard through the whole house.