chapter 5

POV: Shadow
We laughed at him when we had him tied up. I placed him on one of the toilets and let the others tie him against it. Faker was looking down with his ears pinned against his head. It made him look submissive. I shook my head to make that thought go away. I still didn't understand why he was wearing clothes. Back in the old days, he never wanted to wear clothes. And yet here he was, completely dressed. But hey, why would I care? He didn't mean anything to me.

"He really fell for your trap. Like seriously." Fleetway said while laughing.

"I know right, what an idiot." Mephiles said.

"I wish I could have beat him up instead of leaving him tied up in the toilet." Scourge said. The others agreed but I didn't. For some reason, I didn't want him to get hurt.

What is wrong with me? I hate him, then why do I feel like this?

"Have you guys noticed Blue is bleeding pretty fast? I just had to hit him and he was already bleeding." Scourge asked.

"I noticed it is only by his arms." Mephiles said.

"Who cares, the more he's bleeding the better it is to beat him." Fleetway said.

Well, I care for some weird reason. Not that I care about that reason.

"Yeah, but it feels like something is off." Scourge said.

"Like what?" Fleetway asked.

"I don't know and I don't care." Scourge replied.

"Then why did you bring it up?" Mephiles asked.

"I don't know. Anyway, I'm going to class." Scourge said and shrugged then walked off, leaving the three of us behind.

"I think it's better if we all go to class." Fleetway said. Mephiles and I nodded. We all went to our own class. Mephiles and I walked together since our classrooms for the first period were next to each other.

"Hey Shadow, are you okay? You're so quiet." Mephiles asked me while we were walking.

"I'm fine." I answered.

"Okay, I will see you later." He said and walked up to Silver but still kept a lot of distance between them.

"Have fun with your boyfriend!" I yelled. Mephiles glared at me and gave me his middle finger. I just laughed and shook my head. I knew Mephiles had feelings for Silver but was too shy to tell him. Pathetic. Fleetway and Scourge were in the same class as Knuckles and Tails. Mephiles was in the same class as Amy, Blaze, and Silver. I was in the same class as Rouge and Faker.

I still wonder why that stupid Faker has to be in my class. Why can't he just disappear out of my life and die? Wow. Just a minute ago I didn't want him to get hurt and now I wished he was dead. What is wrong with me?

"Hey Hun, have you seen Sonic? He's normally at school already." Rouge asked me as she stood in front of me. I hadn't even noticed her until now.

"Why would I care?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"Because I know deep down you care about him." Rouge answered. I rolled my eyes at that.

"Why would I ever care about him? You know I hate him." I said.

"Fine, whatever you say. Here." Rouge said and handed me a piece of paper. It was an invitation to a party Rouge was giving. "I gave one to all of our old friends. We're going to hang out like old times. I wanted you to be there as well." She said.

"I will think about it. And this is probably the reason why you need to find Faker, ain't I right?" I asked. Rouge nodded.

"Well too bad I haven't seen him." I lied and walked into the classroom.

"If you say so Handsome." Rouge said and followed me. We sat down next to each other. I started to think about Faker. I wondered how long he would be stuck in there before anyone would notice him.

Aw poor Faker. All alone without anyone to keep him company. It almost makes me feel bad about myself. Keyword; almost. Seeing Faker suffer, that puts a smile on my face.