The Press

"WHO IS THE MYSTERIOUS MAN WHO HELPED THE AVENGERS?"

That's what every headline in the State of New York and even further was saying. Every single one. Each of them talked about who was helping the Avenger in the park. Bleary pictures and video taken from helicopters by the news, were on every screen they could be. 

Percy, however, made sure that the TVs in his apartment, were shut off or playing a movie. 

The Avengers were trying to figure out what to tell the press. 

Tony was pacing as he talked through his ear piece. Steve was sat at the bar with his hand over his forehead. Natasha was hunched over and sitting on a couch, Clint stood beside her as he thought. Wanda and Vision stood off to the side, both thinking. Thor was shaking his head as he thought about what just happened. Bruce walked into the room, he ran a hand through his hair as he exhaled. 

They had people taking the girl to a high security cell, they planned to question her the first chance they got. 

Tony cleared his throat and everyone's eyes snapped to him. "The press want answers, that makes over fifty calls in the last hour." He shook his head as he walked over to the bar to pour himself a drink. 

"What are we telling them?" Steve asked as his sighed. He couldn't wrap his head around what that kid had done. 

"That we will," Tony waved his hand that held his glass around while he paused. "Get back to them." He sighed before downing the rest of his drink. 

Natasha let out a huff of laughter. "We knew this would happen. We knew that if we ever had to use him that the press would want an answer, but it just-"

"It came so quick we couldn't make a plan." Clint finished. 

"Exactly." Natasha said, even as she glared at him for interrupting. 

"How about," Wanda said, "we just say that he is working with us, we use only his code name and say he doesn't want to be known." The scarlet Witch still wore her uniform, most of them still did, Tony, Bruce, and Captain being the only exceptions. 

"That's what we'll have to do." Bruce mused from the couch where he sat by Natasha. "We can't have him in the press conference, because he won't want to do it, and he told us that he doesn't want his family pulled into this. The more his face is on screen the more chances he has of being called out by someone who knows him, even with his mask and suit on." Bruce shook his head, "Percy, most likely, already knows this. That's why he hasn't tried to contact us." 

Thor laughed, the others looked at him. "Young Percy has already thought about this." As everyone looked confused Thor laughed again. "You really believe he would show up and not have a plan to keep his identity unknown? You are still doubting him?" Thor shook his head. 

"I don't think doubting is the right word." Everyone's head turned to the man standing in the doorway. He wore a black V-neck shirt with dark blue skinny jeans and a dark blue hoodie. His black hair was tousled as he leaned against the wall by the door. "I think the right word, is. . ." Percy's head bounce back and forth as he thought, "Uninformed." 

Tony just sighed, he had long stopped asking how Percy got into the tower. "Then inform us." He said sarcastically. 

"Hey now, don't you use sarcasm with me." Percy's eyes twinkled with mischief as he crossed his arms over his chest. Wanda was trying her best to not look at him. "I was thinking that, to subdue the press, you should tell them about me." He smiled at them as they looked confused. "Well, not about me, about the Prince Maelstrom you guys made up. Tell them what they want to hear, a good guy using his powers to help, don't lie but don't tell the truth either."

Steve shook his head. "You. . . Have quite the tactical mind." Steve didn't let this wound his pride, even though it did sting. 

"I've been told that before, but I did talk this over with someone before coming here." Percy's glared daring them to ask who, but Tony still asked. "None of your business." 

"Yes it is. We need to know who knows your identity." Steve said. 

"No. You. Don't." Percy almost snarled. Steve blanched as Percy pushed off the walk and stalked closer. "You have no claim on my life, all you need to know is the person who knows is trust worthy. If you try and find out who that person is without my telling, you won't like the consequences." Percy stood three feet away from Captain America with his hands still in his pockets and no expression on his face but rage burning in his eyes. 

Steve swallowed the lump in his throat as Thor spoke. "He didn't mean any harm Percy. He doesn't know, none of them do." Thor spoke as if calming a wild animal. Percy's stare turned into a smile that promised death as he looked around the room. 

"See, I know that." Percy laughed before going stone faced again as he walked to the door. "But he pushed me on a topic that I already told you was off limits." Percy was at the door now, "Learn to not do that." And he was gone. 

Steve let out a breath he had been holding. Now they just had to deal with the Press.