Dangerous

Tony's face was carefully blank, so was Steve's. Neither knew just how to react to what they had witnessed. Natasha's eyes were wider than usual, but that was it, and it left once the boy stepped out of the cell. Her partner in crime, Hawkeye, looked to the ground as if it held the answers he needed to understand. 

A frown graced Bruce's lips as he held his chin and thought it over. Vision's head cocked to the side as his brows pulled together. Trying to hide her scowl, Wanda turned away. Thor's crossed arms flexed as he squeezed them together, trying to line up what had happened to what he had heard of the young hero. None of them truly understood. 

Percy walked to the center of the room, Annabeth right behind him. His head felt clouded, his body heavy, like his very soul was fighting to tear away from him because of the deed he had just done. Annabeth could tell, from the slight hunch to Percy's shoulders, to the smile that was nowhere near his lips as he turned to the Avengers. The hard gaze he trained on the first one who dared to speak. 

"What in fucking hell was that?" Tony snapped. His freshly pressed suit twisted as he turned on Percy. 

Percy glared, causing Tony to take a resentful step back. "I got you the information. I got us the information. You can stop with your shit talking, and get to work! You created this enemy yourselves, not thinking about how your battles affected innocent lives." Percy stuck his hands into his pockets and stalked towards Tony. 

"What are you trying to say?" The billionaire spat. His fists balled up and he looked up at the black haired boy glaring down at him. 

"That you might be trying to save the world, but don't care for it between battles." His voice was low, scratchy, and intimidating. The feud between Percy and Tony was coming to a head, and neither cared to stop it. "You go off and make more weapons. More plans for if something else happens. But you don't help with the damage that you have caused." Percy smirked, as Tony flinched-the words hitting home. "So shut up, take the information we got you, and be thankful I don't kill you for what you've done to that girl and others like her." 

With that Percy turned back to his girlfriend, who was glaring at Tony as well. Annabeth let her hand land on Percy's arm, her thumb going back and forth to let Percy take a breath. 

Steve cleared his throat. "We'll get you two a ride back, let us take a little while to think through it." He motioned for a guard to come over and lead the two teens back to the entrance. Percy and Annabeth let the woman take them, but neither of them let their guards down. 

Percy walked through his apartment door, Annabeth closed the door behind them. She bit her lip and went to the living room where Percy was spread out on the couch, his jacket on the floor and shoes kicked off. Annabeth took a deep breath, unzipped her boots, pulled her hair down, and padded over to her boyfriend. 

Without a word she laid down next to Percy, resting her head and one arm on his chest. Percy's arm snaked around Annabeth's waist and his fingers looped into her side belt loop, the other arm was over his eyes. "Percy, talk to me." Annabeth whispered as she looked up at him, pulling herself upwards. 

"I feel like . . ." He swallowed. "Like I just poured black sludge into my heart. I shouldn't of done that . . . Maybe-maybe there was another way and-" He was cut off by Annabeth placing a finger over his mouth. She moved so she had one leg on either side of Percy's stomach, and she bent towards him. 

As Annabeth talked in soft whispers, she held Percy's face in her hands, and smiled. "You did what you had to. You got the information we needed, now we can think this through and find answers. The way you got the information, is not your fault. She wouldn't listen to anything else. Don't put that on you." Her grey eyes met Percy's green.

Percy's eyes closed, leaned into her right hand, and kissed her palm. "What would I do without you Wise Girl." He smiled, Annabeth's eyes glinted and a smirk spread out. 

"Probably be dead." Her words caused Percy to laugh, his head thrown back and everything. Annabeth drank it in, like at any time it could be taken away. She smiled down, Percy finished laughing and placed his hands on her hips.

"We should go get changed and wait for Mom to get back. She said she would be later than usual but knowing her she'll be here at six on the dot." 

_-=-_

"He's dangerous." Tony growled as the team settled into the living room. His hair looked like his hands had ran through it many times, his jacket was off, shirt had two buttons undone, and he walked straight over to the bar. Steve sighed before nodding, not noticing the look Thor was giving them. 

The Black Widow sprawled out over Bruce and Clint who had sat down on the sofa. "It makes no difference, we've had this conversation how many times now?" She, along with most of the team, was getting tired of Tony going on about the boy. "He got the information we needed. Information that you, Tony, couldn't even get out of the girl-might I add." She kicked off her heels, and Bruce laid one hand on her knee. 

Thor cleared his throat. "Might I also add that it is too late to do anything about it." Tony glared at him. 

"Oh yeah, by the way, tough guy." Tony pointed to Thor with the pointer finger of the hand he held his brandy glass in. "How do you know these two so well? How did you know the blonde one?" 

"Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson, and my connection to them are none of your concern. It is not my story to tell." The blonde warrior held his chin with one arm over his chest and frowned. "Don't ask again." 

"Fine." Tony snapped. "But I still say he's dangerous." None of them argued, how could they when they all agreed?