Fire

Burning. 

Raging. 

"Tony! Call him!" A shield covered a blonde man from falling debris. He pressed a finger to his ear as he whipped his head around. No movement, but a inferno engulfed everything. "We tried without him! We need him! Come on!" 

Across the building a metal suit hovered off the ground. The man inside panted, the dints in his suit from falling building damaged the temperature control and now it was like staying in an oven. "I know! I'm trying!" He snapped back as he scanned the area. 

"This isn't the time for fighting!" A woman hissed as she stood in a corner. With her was a man with a drawn bow, she had her pistol out and both were screeching the flames. A smashing sound echoed from a little ways away. "Someone has to get him." 

Another voice was heard, "By all of Odin." The long haired man's red cap was burned and torn, his face smudged with ash. "Is the signal being sent?" Wind from the spinning hammer beat flames back, making them dance and whip around, giving him breathing room. 

Miles and miles away, a bead was beeping. A teenage boy was sat beside his mother on the couch, clasped his hand casually around his necklace, and smiled. "Hey I'm gonna head out for a bit. Don't wait up but I'm not doing anything either." He got up and kissed his mom's forehead. 

"Okay Percy. Contact me if you'll be late or something." Her blue eyes sparkled as she smiled then went back to watching the TV. Percy nodded, made for his room, and felt inside his jacket pocket for the pen he always kept there. 

Inside his room, the boy made quick work of pulling out a duffle bag from his closet, clicking the bead, and whistling loud and clear out his window. Percy threw his jacket off and kicked off his shoes. By the time a black blur landed in the alley between his apartment building and the next, his was fully dressed in a black suit with green detailing. A trident logo crested his chest and waves rolled in patterns making up the dark, form-fitting, material. 

He placed a mask onto his face, shoved his clothes into the duffle bag to take with him, and slipped out the window. Down the fire escape, till he jumped off the ladder to lad on the concrete path. Blackjack. He spoke to the winged horse that now stomped at the grey ground. I need a ride. Mind helping me out?

The horse shook its head up and down before neighing. Sure thing Boss, after wards need me to get Annabeth? The black mane shook while the Pegasus trotted. And can I get doughnuts out of this?

"First." The boy laughed as he got onto the Pegasus's back. "Don't get Annabeth but giver her this note." He tied a string around the horse's neck that attached to an envelope. He had scribbled out the details to his mission as he got dressed and listened to the bead's message. "Second, yes, I'll get you some doughnuts." That's all the encouragement the horse needed as he lifted off and sped towards the location Percy gave him. 

Flames blazed through busted windows, creeping out into the open air. The whole compound was alight, nothing was spared. Somewhere in there, though, was the Avengers. Trying to do what was right. Percy jumped off Blackjack, not wasting time in landing, just rolling with the impact. 

His hands reached out and water collected around him, from the air-from the moisture you could always find floating around you. As he ran into the building the water surrounded his body, even as outside he sent out waves of power to find a body of water. The water saved him from most of the heat, but it still pushed in on him-bringing back memories of a place he'd rather forget. 

Percy fought back the flash backs, pushed forward, and looked for others. Every now and then, he'd find a person, some guard or something, and he'd have to rush them out of the building. The way he was going about it was too slow, he knew it. 

So he went back outside, and through the windows he sent waves, gathered from a river that was only two miles away. The water that evaporated, he gathered back and spread through out. Percy felt out for other people, seeing if he could feel the blood of anyone. There were several. The best way to help them was douse the flames then take care of the source.  

And that's what Percy did. 

Using a crest of one of his waves, Percy catapulted to the top. Almost all the flames were gone, the ones left were new. Being started from something on the top floor. Percy ran on the roof, all the way to the other side, leaped off, only to catch himself on the ledge and enter in through the window. 

Right across from him, the other side of a massive office-like space, stood a man. HIs skin was pitch black, almost glittering like obsidian. His eyes glowed bright red, to match the flames shooting from his palms, and dancing in his hair. Hair, burnished orange in color, stuck up like quills on a porcupine. 

"Pheobus!" Percy called out. The man turned to him, rage filled eyes sparked with hate. 

"How do you know that name?!" He growled back, stalking closer. HIs outfit was exactly like his sister's. Just more proof that Percy's information was right. 

"Your sister." The black haired boy held out on hand. "She told me about you, so that I could help you and not harm you." Percy took in the twitching of the other man, like he was uncomfortable in his own skin. 

A snarl loosed from Pheobus's lips. His feet were planted now, solid on the ground, unmoving. 

"Listen." Percy said, scanning the room. The flames were dead from Percy's own water, but Pheobus's fingers danced in red. "This isn't the way to get revenge for your parents. Turning into a monster that the Avengers hunt is not the way." No reaction out of those red eyes. 

"How do you know anything about this?" His voice was like a log cracking and giving into the flames consuming it. Rough, harsh, roaring. "How could one of you ever understand?" His fists balled together and Percy kept his palm flat out. 

"Trust me, I understand wanting vengeance. I've had my fair share of paying people back for the wrongs they did to me." No pity shown in his eyes, only cold understanding. "These people are trying their best, they don't know how to take care of what they leave behind. You and your sister, and the others, can help with that. You could make a difference, but doing this will only cause more damage."

The man's shoulders shook, his fire sputtering. But it wasn't from nerves or restrain, no he had set a lot of fires. He was drained. This was the very embers of his powers. Percy grinned. "Listen, you obviously need to rest and can't fight any more. You spent too much energy because you were mad. I can take you to your sister. Will they convince you?"  

A soft nod had Percy smiling and escorting the man out.