Chapter 23 - Will now.

Will now.

I hate Mondays. Even the word is horrible.

I mean, I think the teachers actually make sure they give me the crappiest subjects on a Monday to make it even worse.

So now I’m sat in double Maths with Lewis and a guy from my football team called Evan. The teacher keeps choosing me to be the victim who has to answer all the questions.

And what happens is I answer it right, and then he pauses, making me think it’s wrong, but I think he’s trying to work it out. Then he nods in this retarded way and turns around, scribbling it onto the board.

As it happens for the third time, Lewis snickers and then nudges me. “He attempted suicide last year.”

I frown, and look at him. “Lewis, what do you do in your spare time?”

He frowns along with me. “What?”
“I mean, a few weeks back you told me that Miss Farneworth went to jail for four months when she was sixteen. And that Mr Lehann was a cross-dresser.”

I hear Evan snort beside me.

I bite back a grin and then say to Lewis, “I mean, do you research their history or something online?”

Lewis laughs slightly. “Nah, I-”

“Mr Palmer and Mr Cruise. Would you like to share your wonderful Maths knowledge to the class?” he gives us a nasty smile. “Obviously, that was what you were both talking about, I presume.”

Before I can hold it back, I say, smirking, “Actually, we were talking about Mr Lehann’s cross-dressing habits.”

A few people laugh, and the others just stare, exchanging glances. The teacher’s face goes a nasty shade of green.

“Hilarious,” Mr Runcorn says flatly. “Your terrible attempt at humour has cost you your lunch time.”
Fuck my life.

“And I suppose Mr Cruise can join you,” he goes on, shrugging. Then he turns back to the board and starts writing what y equals.

Lewis rolls his eyes, and sticks up his middle finger at the teacher’s back.

I nod, and then look over at Evan, to see he’s smirking.

“Will!”

I turn around just in time to see Tai jogging towards me, grinning. He skids to a halt, knocking me backwards slightly against my locker door as he puts a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey,” I say, nodding cautiously.

He raises his eyebrows excitedly, leaning against his locker, next to mine. “We’ve got a basketball match, Saturday.” He pauses, panting slightly. “Mr Lehann just told me-”