Chapter 41 - Will.

LANGAUGE ALERT :)

---

The first thing I see when I wake up is Tai's face staring right at me. I shake my head and rub my stinging eyes, blinking a few times and sitting up straight.

"Aw fuck," I mumble sleepily, running a hand through my hair. "My neck kills."

Tai nods, and when I glance around I see Niall and Katy are here too, as well as Leila.

"Yeah, sleeping on that chair can't be comfortable," Tai tells me, and I've noticed he has had a haircut.

I yawn widely and look at Leila, who tells me, "I drove the three of them here. Tai came round asking for you and Niall and Katy wanted to see Alyssa."

She got her driving licence a couple of weeks ago but I'm a little nervous if I'm in the car and she's driving. Let's just say my sister still doesn't know the full meaning of the red light, or the speed limits on roads.

"I thought we would never get here," Niall mutters darkly, and I notice he looks a little pale. He looks at Leila fearfully.

"Oh shut up, I just have to concentrate, and you weren't exactly helping me do that, Langley."

"You did have the radio on too, Palmer."

As they start to argue, I roll my eyes with a smirk, and look over at Alyssa, stroking her hand once. She's still the same. I wonder if she will ever be different.

I notice Katy staring at me, and realise I have a headache. I announce that I'm going to look for something to eat. Leila and Katy stay with Alyssa while I head out to McDonalds a few steps away from the building, with Tai and Niall.

"She's not waking up," I blurt out plainly as we cross the road, and I feel Tai and Niall look at each other nervously.

Tai pats my shoulder, and I jump onto the pavement heavily. Hands in pockets. "She will, mate. She's a fighter and she loves you. She won't leave you."

I don't reply. I don't know how to rely anymore. I sigh softly, and close my eyes briefly before pulling the door open. Niall and I hand Tai the cash to get the food we want then we go find a table.

We sort of stare at each other for a second, and Niall then lifts a hand to his heart. "It hurts, right? Here."

I nod cautiously, wondering if he is feeling okay.

"Do you have any idea how much of a wreck Katy is?" he suddenly bursts out, his gaze hard against mine. "Have you seen her?"

"She's the same as the rest of us," I tell him almost harshly. "And don't start pretending you care about Katy. You've been too busy wandering around with your girlfriends."

Niall glares at me and balls his fist. I don't know why we are getting so angry all of a sudden. "You don't know anything," he mutters lowly.

"You haven't fucking visited Alyssa. You don't give a damn about her, or Katy."

"Shut up, Palmer. You think you're the only one who is hurting here but you're not. And it's not even to do with Alyssa. Katy's a fucking mess because-"

"Nothing to do with Alyssa? Well I'm sorry for bringing it up." My voice drips with sarcasm. " What d'you bloody want anyway?"

"What do I want? I wanna know why, when I kissed the girl I've been in love with for the past two years, she pushed me away and told me she's in love with you. You seem to get all the girls and when one is on her deathbed you somehow get hold of another one-"

"What the FUCK are you on about?" I snarl, leaning back and glaring at him. I can literally feel my blood boiling as I take in his features. Why does he have to be such a dickhead?

He doesn't answer.

At first, as I digest his comment, I think he's talking about Alyssa. Then I realise he's on about Katy.

"Katy likes me?" I manage to ask quietly. I feel the colour drain from my face.

"Likes you? She's in fucking love with you, Palmer!" he's not just talking now, he's close to shouting. I notice a couple of girls on our right staring at us and licking their lips.

I look back at him, and open my mouth, but he goes on.

"She said she slept in your bed! What was all that about, Palmer, when you knew I was after her-"

"Last time I checked you were after my girlfriend!' I shout, and stand up. I feel the place go silent but I don't give a damn.

I stand up and Niall stands up too. Fuck. What is this turning into.

"I was," he snarls. "But I went back to Katy when you got Alyssa. She was always there, but now you've managed to charm her too." I watch as he pushes me back and I'm too surprised to resist. "Just don't break her heart. If Alyssa doesn't wake up-"

"Alyssa will wake up!" I interrupt angrily, shoving his shoulder. I sense Tai, beside me, setting food down on the table.

Niall clenches his fists. "But if she doesn't. Don't keep Katy waiting. She deserves better-"

"Fuck off, Langley, you don't know anything! You're the one who goes around like a man-slut with a different girl every-"

"Will, Niall," I hear Tai's calm voice beside me. "Breakfast."

"Alright," Niall mutters, holding his hands up. "But you'll only get one. And you can't go between them. Alyssa or Katy. It's better to break one heart than two."

"What is this? A fucking romance?" I glare at him as he holds out his arm, stopping me from coming forwards. "You want this to be a love story? You're in idiot."

He raises an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? Well I'm not the bastard who got my girlfriend run over."

That sends me overboard. But Tai knows me too well. As soon as I raise my fist he has grabbed my arm, pushing me backwards as Niall stands there like a moron. I scowl at the pair of them and take a last look at them, before turning away and storming out without anything to eat.

-

Leila's angry. No, that's an understatement. She's barbaric, fuming, outrageous. She yells at me continuously until she goes hoarse, saying I was stupid to run off and not answer my phone and that she could have drove me home with her. But no way was I getting in the same car as Niall after what happened.

And so what if was wandering the streets until it went dark? It's none of her business.

But now I'm starving. As Leila finishes her yelling and storms up for a shower, I raid the fridge. Eating helps with stress. Soon the whole contents is out on the counter - milk, apple juice, cheese, jam, fruit, yogurt. Everything. I begin to make weird sandwiches whilst drinking out of the milk carton, and then I sit at the table to eat.

It doesn't take long for me to finish. While I'm eating, instead of my thouts wandering to Alyssa as usual, I replay the argument with Niall in my head. Why is he always looking for a fight these days? Or is it me?

And Katy likes me? Loves me, even?

I don't know if it's true. She has been coming to me a lot for support and staring at me. But thar can't mean she wants to be more than friends, and I know Katy wouldn't tell Niall something like that.

Maybe he's trying to stir up trouble, the bastard.

I manage to clear my mind when I start to tidy all the food items away back into the fridge and cupboards. I even wash my plate, and then as I watch the clock strike midnight, I decide to go out for a midnight stroll.

One thing I have never understood is why on twenty four hour clocks, eleven PM is 23.00 but midnight is 00.00. It should be 24.00, seen as it is a twenty four hour clock.

I don't thin of anything as I stroll around the streets. I just take in the surroundings and forget about the present situation that I'm in. I don bring my phone, so people can't contact me. The air is cold, in a pleasant, refreshing way.

-

It's an hour later when I get home, and my sister and parents are asleep without being suspicious of me going anywhere. Smooth one. I pull off my shirt and converse, then fall into bed.

Sleep feels like it should come now, after this exhausting day, but it won't. I think that it never will. And when the phone rings, and I see I've already got four missed calls from Alyssa's mum, and I ask, "Hello?"

The next three words that she utters allow me to know that I'll never sleep again.

----

Tell me, readers, what do you think she tells him? :O

DON'T BE A SILENT READER!

VoteCommentFanVoteCommentFanVoteCommentFan

Thanks so much for reading <3