Chapter 36 - Alyssa.

When I open the front door, I hear my mum and dad in the sitting room talking. Slowly, I walk in to them and look at them, smiling.

"Hey," I say, my skin still buzzing and my cheeks flushed from the night air.

My mother beams apt me and leaps up from her spot where she was curled under my dad's arm. "Had a good time, sweetie?"

"You're back a bit late," my dad comments before I can reply.

Yeah, cause we walked home, I think. But I rely sweetly, "Yeah. I'm sorry, the limo driver was a bit late. But, yes, it was perfect. I'm really tired now!" I add a lie for a effect, faking a yawn.

"Yes, you had better get up to bed, darling," my dad replies softly. He stands up and kisses the top of my head and my stomach knots with guilt. Then he grabs an empty coffee mug and goes into the kitchen.

My mum looks at me with a sparkling smile and then wraps me into one of those warm, gentle motherly hugs.

"Night, Alyssa dear."

"Good night mum," I whisper.

I trudge up the stairs quietly so as not to wake up the sleeping Phillip. I open my bedroom door and close it silently, then start to put the contents of my bag away - phone, purse, tissues, lipgloss.

When I hear the expected knock on my balcony door my heart literally jumps. I rush over to the balcony and open the door at a maddeningly fast speed, revealing a smiling Will. I pull him inside and shut the door behind him, trapping the cold air out.

He's still wearing his tuxedo and he still looks as smart and as handsome as he did at the beginning of the night. I smile and sit down on my bed and he jumps onto it, looking around the room.

"Shhh," I breathe, as he pulls me close and lays me down beneath him. "My parents are just going to bed."

He grins and smooths out my dress, and his eyes run over my body. It feels like his fingers are caressing my skin rather than his eyes. He then leans down and places his lips against mine, only touching then, not kissing.

"Relax," he whispers, and then begins to pepper soft kisses all around my mouth and neck. I can't help but sigh relaxedly, my hands finding his hair and running through it. I smile and then suddenly push him so that he rolls over, so I am sat on his waist. I lean down and teasingly, slowly brush my lips against his softly. Then I begin to kiss him deeply, and his lips move against mine roughly, his breath warm and sweet against mine, his tongue massaging mine, his hands roaming my body, mine tracing the line of his jaw.

Stars explode beneath my closed eyes, as I put one hand against his chest to feel his beating, strong heart, his chest pumping up and down.

I hear him let out a low noise from the depths of his throat and I let him gently roll us so I end up back underneath him again, pressed between his warm body and the soft duvet of my bed.

After a long time, it could be minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, we both pull apart and he rests his smooth forehead against mine.

I am surprised to hear my voice is shaky when I murmur gently, "I love you, Will."

"Damn, I love you too, Alyssa." he smiles down at me with such warmth in those chocolate brown eyes that I have to give him another slow, lingering kiss.

"It's finally hit me, that it's all happening," he whispers to me, as I feel his hands underneath the skirt of my dress, caressing my thighs. "I'm gonna miss it, even though I hated it. Even people who I didn't speak to all the time, they're gonna be missing. And my friends. And . . ."