Chapter 43 - Alyssa.

Ahh, it was nice to write back in the female's POV again. Very . . . Therapeutic. Will was killing me.

This chapter goes to UFO by Coldplay. It's a weird song, but I love how it suits this situation.

----

My vision is fuzzy, zooming in and out of random things as I stare up at the grey ceiling. None of this makes any sense . . . I don't understand why there are doctors, nurses, that I don't know, bustling around me and firing questions at me like the world is going to end. I don't understand why I'm in a white hospital gown or why there is a pain in my chest or why the room is spinning as I try to take the questions one at a time.

"What's your name?"

"How old are you?"

"Do you know where you live? Your address?"

"Tell us how many brothers or sisters you have."

"Please stop!" I croak hoarsely. It was meant to come out as a shout but I obviously can't muster up such a tone. I stare at them all confusedly, angrily, wildly, and try to sit up, but something restrains me.

I scream as I see the needle in my arm. I can't stand needles. Whenever I had an injection I was reduced to tears and Textiles has always been my worst subject because I'm frightened to death of the pins and needles in sewing.

They begin to shush me, but I hear my dad's voice outside, yelling, "Let me in! I need to see my daughter! Why is she screaming?"

And the door bangs open. There he stands, his eyes wide as they stare at me and his chest pumping up and down heavily. I hear scuffling behind him and banging and thumping on the corridor walls outside, and male voices. I can't see anything though, I'm only focusing on my father, who has suddenly burst into tears.

"Dad," I whisper as he staggers toward the bed. He sits down on a chair and grabs my hand, his sobs echoing throughout the room.

"I- I tried so hard to keep you safe all these years! And you still managed to . . . Oh, God. Thank God, you're awake finally."

I focus on him as a doctor comes forward and sits on another chair with a clipboard.

"Dad, I'm fine. . . What happened?" I ask incredulously. I've never been in a hospital as a patient my whole life.

"Shh," he says, and shakes his head. He squeezes my hand and just whispers, "Mum and Phillip are coming soon. Don't worry. You're okay now."

"I know I'm okay!" I burst out. "However I don't understand why you're crying, and-"

"Alyssa, please calm yourself," the doctor says in a clear, cool voice as he takes out a pen. Everything about him is neutral and cold, but not unfriendly. "I'm going to ask you a few questions and then I will tell you what has happened to you."

I only nod. Staring at him.

"What is your name?"

"Alyssa Malburgh," I tell him , stunned.

"Where do you live?"

I think for a moment, "Number three Meadow Hall Drive . . ."

"That's our old address," my dad says with a frown, and the doctor silences him.

He asks another question. "What is the date today."

I look at him and frown, then slowly shrug as the cogs work away in my mind. "I don't know. Some time in April, I think, I'm about to do my exams."

I look at my dad as his eyes widen and he frowns, his face going suddenly pale.

"And what is the last thing you remember?"