Chapter 48 - It's Will.

This chapter goes to National Anthem by Lana Del Rey <3

----

Alyssa is so damn beautiful. Is it possible for her to be even more stunning than before? Even when she just looks at me I feel my stomach flip and the thing is that she doesn't even know what she is doing to me.  

After a while of just wandering around the lake talking, and her mainly asking me questions, we've sat down on a bench at the side. It might be better if we were somewhere more secluded but I don't give a damn if some old woman walks past and we happen to be making out. Might not happen anyway - Alyssa wants to take things slowly and I have to keep it in mind. 

I slide my arm around her shoulders and she smiles at me, before I blurt out in an almost desperate way, "So, now what do you think of me?" 

"You're a cool guy, Will Palmer," she begins in an almost lazy, confident way. I like it. She goes on, "I mean, you play guitar, do football, you like Coldplay. You seem to have a respect for girls that not many of the boys these days do have." 

"What can I say?" I can't help but grin broadly. "I'm just the whole package." 

I watch as she smiles slowly, then laughs and bats her eyelashes jokingly. I usually hate it when girls do that, even just as a joke. But right now, Alyssa is turning me on big time. 

I scoot closer to her, and our eyes lock. Hers are so comforting to just stare at - full of greeness and purity and warmth. Emotion sparkles in them.  

Then they dart away to look at the water before us, like liquid iron. And as she sits there, swinging her legs and staring out at the lake, she murmurs, "So, what do you like about me?" 

I can tell she's wanted to ask this for ages. 

Exhaling slowly, I wrap my arms around her and she slowly leans her head against my chest. "Everything," I murmur. "Where to start, though? I like the way you're not an Avril. You're independent and smart, and you're fair. You gave me a chance. And you're funny, and sweet, and shy - so when someone compliments you, there's this vaguely surprised look on your face. It's cute." 

I grin as I watch her face explore the full scale of the red spectrum. I slowly brush a strand of hair from her eyes and lean in to rest my forehead against hers, our noses touching. 

"What's more, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on," I whisper. 

Alyssa's eyes widen and she smiles timidly. "So my hair isn't frizzy?" 

"If that's frizzy then I like frizzy," I tell her, smiling as I caress her golden curls. "But I don't think it is . . ." 

"And you don't care that I'm short?" she bites down on her plump bottom lip. 

My eyebrows knit together, and then I smile. "You're not short, you're fun-sized. Your height's perfect." 

She leans her head back, laughing. Her laugh is so melodic and it rings out all around the trees and seems to bounce off the water. 

Smiling, I cuddle her into my arms, inhaling her sweet scent. We both laugh and I watch as she rubs her head against my chest affectionately. Slowly, I lean my head down to lead a trail of kisses down from behind her ear, down her neck, to her collarbone, undoing one of the buttons of her coat. With my hand on her waist, I feel her trembling, as she wraps her arms around my neck.  

I slowly lie her down on the bench, my head burried between the collar of her coat and her chin, my face against the warm skin of her neck. I inhale her scent again, picking up some kind of flowery aroma, and strawberry. I place kisses on every inch of her skin. It feels like she's been lying in the hot sun for days, she so hot. I hear her let out a slight gasp as I reach behind her ear, straddling her now.