one

I started banging on the locker. I had to get out of here. The bell had already rung. The sad part is my teacher will probably send someone to figure out which locker or garbage bin I was shoved into today.

"Simon? Simon where are you?" A familiar voice called out my name.

"I-I'm in here!" I banged on the rusty old locker door, causing more dust to fly around and contaminate the air.

Suddenly the door opened with a sickening creak and I fell into someone. I looked up to see it was Caden, the sweetest guy in school, and I felt the rush of heat in my cheeks.

Stop it Simon. Your gay is showing.

Caden helped me stand up and grabbed my back pack from the dusty locker.

"Oh, it looks like this book fell out." He handed me the scrapbook like object.

"Th-thank you for h-helping me." Man, I seriously need to chill around hot people.

It's not like I could help it. Caden had such long beautiful eyelashes, and they reached over his gorgeous baby blue irises. His hair was like a short cascade of the most beautiful gold.

Okay, Simon.

Chill.

Your gay is definitely showing now.

Anyways.

Caden led me to history just as he had everyday before. I felt bad that he had to miss the first part of class everyday just to come find the short nerd kid that got himself thrown into small spaces, but he was one of the smartest people in the class, along with me, so he could probably handle it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Historyclass was as scary as ever. We had to present the countries we had been assigned at the beginning of the semester. I was given Germany.

I did not want to go up to the front of the class.

Especially in front of Caden.

Being shy is one thing. Being shy and being me is a whole other ball game.

Whoa. A sports reference from me? Weird.

Anyways, the country project.

Caden was given Australia. The irony of it is that he had lived in Australia until about a year ago. Quite a bit of his unique accent was still stuck with him, and my head drowned in every word.

What is wrong with me today? Did I knock my head a little to hard in that locker?

After Caden finished his perfect presentation, it was my turn.

You know how people say "save the best for last"? Well, in this case, that isn't the case. My presentation sucked.
It consisted of me stuttering about German food and other random facts. I could barely get coherent sentence out about the German cuisine before the bell rang.

Tests, I could ace with ease. Presentations sent me plummeting into a chasm of confusion and I continue to question their importance in schooling.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lunch.

Wonderful.

A whole hour of trying to avoid anyone strong enough to lift me.

That means

Everyone.

Quickly I got my lunch from my locker and ran to the nearest boys' bathroom. The third stall to the left is the one I claimed, as usual. I read the writing in sharpie on the walls. Curse words, people beating each other down, times to meet for past fights, squiggly initials, and random doodles decorated the inside of this stall. I knew all of them by heart. That's what happens when you spend a lot of time avoiding people. You start to notice everything.

I looked for my favorite little drawing. It was a tiny little turtle with huge glasses. He was in the top right corner area of the toilet paper dispenser. He's so cute. Gushing over my little turtle, I pulled out a sandwich and started to take my normal tiny bites out of it. That's when I noticed a new note in green sharpie on the wall. It was about a foot up from the turtle, and its color barely stood out from the dark blue surface. It took me a few minutes to figure out what it said.

"Ah, Simon. I have finally found you."

What? What kind of sick joke is this? My appetite disappeared instantly. Okay, it's not like I needed to eat. I threw my sandwich into the trash and got ready to run to my next class.