five

My eyelids drooped lower and lower after I had finished my cookie. I knew I should have gone home, but this strangers bed is so comfortable. The comforter snuggled around my body, and the pillow had just the right amount of warmth on it. The music had been turned down just a little; although, the floor was still trembling with every beat. Conversations mixed together and into the melody. A light shone on my face from the door as it slowly opened. Posters on the wall reflected the hallway lights back at me, while a figure drunkenly stumbled into the room.

"S-ssiiiiimmmoooo-oooon-nn," the figure slurred and stuttered my name while it tried to reach the bed,"a-are yoouu i-in he-here?"

His voice was familiar, but I couldn't tell who it was over the giggling girls in the hallway and the bass beating below me. My eyes were scrunched up, but slowly they allowed me to open them. A blurry bit of blonde hair came into view. Sapphire eyes reflected the moon's image from the open window.

Caden?

"S-Simon? Siiiimoooon?" Suddenly the door shut and Caden's foot steps stopped at the bed.

"I-I am in here C-Caden. Wh-what do y-you need?"

"Yooouuu s-sound drunk t-too."

"I'm n-not, b-but you are."

"C-come here S-Simon." Caden stumbled trying to form every syllable.

"O-Okay. Are we leav-ving?

"No. I have a suuuirprise f-for you."

I sat up in the bed, my stomach full of butterflies. Maybe I could tell him how I feel. He surely wouldn't remember, right?

Caden sprawled himself across the bed after I sat cross-legged. His beautiful golden hair was laying across his face, and my hand ached desperately to brush it off his smooth skin. His eyes whipped open as the laughter died down in the hallway. He looked at me with wide ocean eyes. Caden moved from where he lay onto his knees right in front of me, still the same doe-eyed expression. I knew I was returning a look of similar shock.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I could feel his hands on my cheeks and the fire red blush spreading through my face before I could register his movements.