ELEVEN: The Raven's Challenge

I don't own Harry Potter; I'm just borrowing him for a little while.

"Nasta, are you proficient at the dueling wards or should we procure Professor Snape or Professor Flitwick?" Harry asked.

"I can do them but I can't hold them so we should get a professor," answered Nasta. Harry nodded.

"Can you cast a patronus?" Harry asked. Nasta nodded negative and Harry looked at the Ravenclaw court. Penelope stepped forward,

"I can."

"Good, cast one and send a message to Professor Flitwick, ask him to get Snape as well since it concerns both of our houses," said Harry. Penelope nodded and cast her patronus a small dove and gave it her message before it flitted off.

Only a few minutes of awkwardness occurred before both Snape and Flitwick entered. Snape took in the scene quickly and assessed it before asking in his low voice.

"Challenge type?"

"King," Harry stated simply. Flitwick looked surprised at not only Harry answering rather than Nasta but at the challenge type. Snape merely nodded and began weaving the wards, Flitwick moving to help him a moment later. The room was much smaller than the Slytherin common room and as such the wards were in a much smaller area. Harry wouldn't be able to use the same technique as he used on Nasta because there was less room to dodge. He tilted his head. The solidness of the walls could be used as an advantage however.

The wards were completed and they each stood apart from each other. Snape and Flitwick nodded and Harry rather than waiting as he had with Nasta sprang into action. Claus easily blocked the first year spells Harry flung at him but that was what Harry wanted. The small area worked to Harry's advantage as well as his disadvantage. Claus too had to block rather than dodge which meant Harry could move while Claus was busy on defense.

Harry kept flinging spells as he moved forward and to the left. Harry flung a small confundus spell that was easily shaken off but the damage had already been done. A small illusion spell in the form of Harry dodged the retaliatory spells that Claus flung as Harry crept up invisibly behind him. Suddenly a spell hit the illusion and it dissipated. Claus looked confused for a moment before whipping around. But it was too late. Harry allowed his invisibility to seep away, sword tip at Claus's throat.

"Do you yield?" Harry asked. Claus nodded and Harry grinned. "Then I claim the throne of Ravenclaw as my conquest right," Harry continued as he stepped away and sheathed his sword. "Oh Claus, you will also find that the LeStrange life debt has been fulfilled."

"What! That's not possible," Claus screeched.

"Oh but it is, you see I am a very prominent shareholder in many companies one of them being Redsmith insurance. I was planning on selling them but alas Nasta here talked me out of it," Harry said.

"And what did you get in return?" Claus snarked angrily.

"Perceptive aren't we? Pity it's none of your business isn't it?" Harry answered with false cheer.

"Fine, the life debt is fulfilled," Claus said angrily.

"Good, good, now on to other matters, Penelope Clearwater is it?" Harry said stepping towards Penelope with his hand out.

"Yes," she answered moving to shake his hand. Instead he grasped her hand and twisted leaning down to brush her inner wrist with his lips.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Clearwater," Harry said still holding her hand. Penelope let out a giggle. "I was wondering if you could do me a favor Miss Clearwater."

"And what kind of favor would it be?" she asked amusement still lighting up her eyes.

"I wish for you to be my Princess in the Ravenclaw court, if it would be acceptable to you," Harry said smiling charmingly.

"Why me?" she asked.

"You are both beautiful and intelligent are you not? Who better? Unless of course you do not want such a position?" Harry asked.

"No, no, it would be an honor," she answered quickly.

"Perfect," Harry purred. "You of course will have access to the Ravenclaw Queen rooms in my stead. I do believe there is a small matter of a magical IQ test for your entry?"

"Yes, my King there is," Penelope answered as Harry let go of her hand.

"Then I give you permission to take the test and if you pass access the rooms," Harry said.

"Are you sure?" Penelope asked, "Usually when a King or Queen rules both Slytherin and Ravenclaw the quarters in the other remain closed. Although Slytherin's Royal quarters have been closed for a while since one has to be a Parseltongue to access them, Slytherins just get separate rooms."

"I am sure," stated Harry.

"Thank-you," she stated. "May I take my leave to move my things then my King?"

"Of course, oh Penelope?" Harry said, and Penelope turned back to him.

"You may choose your own court within the raven's nest but I reserve the right to veto people from their positions so choose wisely," Harry said. Penelope nodded in agreeance and exited the room the old court and Professor Flitwick following behind. Snape stayed back just watching Harry.

"Something I can help you with Professor?" Harry asked quietly. Snape jerked as if he'd been thinking too hard and forgotten Harry and Nasta were still there.

"No, I don't believe so," Snape answered before moving to exit the classroom. He stopped in the doorway and looked back at Harry a moment.

"Congratulations," he said before he disappeared with a swish of his robes. Harry smiled wryly after the man before turning to Nasta.

"Shall we return to our own common rooms? I do believe I have my own things to move," Harry said.

"As you will my King," replied Nasta.

"When we are alone Nasta, you may call me Harry, as that is what those I consider friends do. We are friends are we not?" Harry said.

"Yes my k... Yes Harry," Nasta answered as they began their trek back down to the dungeons Harry listening to Nasta's suggestions for the court and occasionally replying with his own.