Chapter Fifteen: Dumbledore's Office

I don't own Harry Potter; I'm just borrowing him for a little while.

Lunch was almost finished when Professor McGonagall approached Harry with a note.

"Headmaster Dumbledore would like to see you in his office after lunch Harry," she said before walking away. Harry opened the note to see what was written. It seemed the password was cockroach clusters and Harry wandlessly burned the note in his hand and pulled out a scrap of paper from his note book and his fountain pen to write a quick note to Snape requesting his presence as his head of house in the meeting.

"Hades," Harry called quietly. The black panther cub appeared from the shadows hopping up onto one of the empty court chairs. Harry passed the rolled up note to Hades who took it gently in his mouth. "Take this to Severus Snape for me, he wasn't at lunch so try the potions classroom or his office," Harry continued standing up as the cub raced off and disappeared into the shadows.

"Was that a shadow panther?" Nasta asked incredulously.

"Yup," answered Harry.

"Are you even allowed having him here?" Nasta asked.

"One, he's my familiar, he goes where I go, and two the letter didn't specify the type of cat one could bring," Harry answered as he brushed away imaginary lint from his shirt. "Unfortunately I must go to see our beloved headmaster but can I count on you being there for tonight after dinner?" Harry asked.

"Of course My King," Nasta answered. Harry nodded and went to turn away.

"Oh bring the elder Nott and Draco if you will. Nott should know how the court works but if you wouldn't mind running it through with Draco. I can feel Nott is powerful and is hiding it and well Draco's father is influential and Draco will be one day too," Harry said.

"As you will," answered Nasta and Harry walked away heading towards the gargoyle that guarded the entrance to the Headmaster's office. Snape was just arriving as Harry did and Harry turned to him.

"Thank-you for coming so promptly," said Harry.

"I was a little surprised most students wouldn't think to request their head of house's presence in such a meeting, even the older students," said Snape.

"I think you already have ample evidence that I am not like most students Professor, besides I do not trust the old fool," Harry answered with just a little venom. Snape raised his eyebrow but said no more as Harry gave the statue the password and stepped onto the moving staircase. Harry raised his hand to knock on the door but Dumbledore called from within.

"Come in Harry." Harry grimaced he had forgotten how much he hated the 'all knowing' act. Harry pushed the door open and entered Snape stepping in behind him. It had much fewer spinning silver objects than the last timeline but Harry knew that was because many of them had been attached to him. Currently the only ones in there monitored his general health.

"Ah Severus, was there something you needed? I'm afraid I had only wished to speak to Harry here," said Dumbledore.

"As I have told you multiple times, you have no leave to speak to me in such an informal way, and I requested Professor Snape's presence here as I do not trust you," said Harry.

"I am sorry you feel that way my boy," Albus began and Harry gritted his teeth and fought off a snarl. Dumbledore caught it and quickly switched. "I apologize, Mr. Potter. As I was saying, there are some people who I thought you may want to see, and they have an unsavory history with Severus here."

"Considering Professor Snape works here I would expect that they be on their best behavior or risk being the ones removed rather than he, wouldn't you say Headmaster?" Harry asked.

"I suppose you are correct Har... Mr. Potter," Dumbledore answered and Harry could see the flicker of a smirk on Snape's mouth. The fireplace flared green and Sirius and Remus tumbled out.

"Harry!" yelled Sirius leaping up and wrapping Harry up in a bone crushing hug.

"Let him go Padfoot you're going to crush him," said Remus giving Harry a hug as Sirius stepped back.

"How do you like Hogwarts so far pup? What house did you make it in? I bet Remus a gallon you'd be a Raven but he thinks Snake," Sirius said. Snape snorted from the shadows and Sirius glanced up.

"Something to say Snivelus?" Sirius asked.

"You owe the wolf a gallon mutt," Snape answered.

"Oi be nice or I'll start teasing you both about unresolved sexual tension," said Harry. Both Sirius and Snape looked horrified before Snape moved forward.

"Sirius Black, I ask for a truce so that I never hear anything of the kind come from your godson's mouth," Snape said holding his hand out.

"Agreed, Severus Snape," answered Sirius shaking Snape's hand. Lupin looked directly at Harry.

"You are so a snake," Remus said. Severus snorted again, trying to avoid looking at the dog and wolf duo.

"Yup," said Harry proudly, "But really, after that day you spent with me did you suspect anything else?" Remus nodded his head no amused smile still on his face. Dumbledore cut into the silence then.

"Actually the reason I called you up was for a resort. I don't believe Slytherin is the right place for you. In fact I believe it might be dangerous and perhaps your parents' house would be better suited," Dumbledore said.

"Hmmm, no thanks," Harry answered with a little snark, as Snape tried not to cough up a lung with incredulous laughter behind him.

"I think Harry has already proved that he is a Slytherin to the core Albus," said Sirius watching Dumbledore with just a little suspicion. 'Good' Harry thought glancing at Remus who was watching the headmaster with the same look, 'perhaps they will be easier to turn than I first thought'.

"As much as I hate agreeing with Black I must ask how you came to that conclusion considering as you must have clearly seen at breakfast and then at lunch that Mr. Potter is already king of both Slytherin and Ravenclaw in a very impressive Coup d'état," said Snape. A flash of anger glassed over the Headmaster's eyes before they flickered back to normal.

"Perhaps then Mr. Potter will stay in the Ravenclaw King's room since no one can access the Slytherin one?" Dumbledore asked. Harry saw Snape's mouth twitch as he fought not to grin.

"I formally decline as I do have access to the rooms and have already moved in," said Harry standing up and moving towards the door. "If that was all?" The Headmaster nodded numbly for a moment and Harry exited. Silence permeated the room before Dumbledore burst out,

"He's a Parseltongue?"

"Of course," answered Snape as he moved to exit as well. "He did tell you he had access to the room."