Chapter 3

It's been a month since Cross gotten a punishment from Nightmare, and since Chara said she'd leave with Dream. Cross has still been thinking about what she said.

He sat on the couch in silence, staring off in space. Katrina had set Chara free, and she was talking to the others. "Come on! Tell us who you like!" Dust whined as Chara's face became a deeper red. "No! Shut up!" Chara said as she folded her arms. "Cute." Horror said as Chara's cheeks exploded with blush. "I figured it out!" Killer said as Chara shook her head.

They all laughed with each other, as Cross sat in complete silence, thinking about many things. Like...

Why he feels the need to make sure Nightmare is completely safe

Why he always wants to do everything perfect for Nightmare

And

If he should leave because Nightmare uses him as a tool

Cross never really mind being called someone's tool, but Chara hated it. Cross had never thought about leaving Nightmare's side, but now here he is thinking about leaving. Cross feels as if he should stay, but is scared Nightmare will beat him again. He wants to stay with Nightmare forever, and be his only-

"Cross!" Dust yelled, snapping Cross out of a trance. "Yes?" Cross answered. "Are you Ok? You've been really quiet." Dust said as Horror face palmed himself. "He's always quiet." Horror said. "Unless when he's talking to Nightmare." Killer added as they agreed. "Yeah. Nightmare is Cross' Senpai." Error said, as everyone looked at him in confusion. "If Senpai means someone you respect and honor, then I guess." Cross said with a small purple blush. "Kinda. But more like adore, or totally in love." Error said as Cross' cheek bones became visibly purple. "Oh My Gawd! Cross is blushing!" Chara said, as everyone looked at Cross, who looked away. "Blushing? I'm just a little too warm. My clothes are-." Cross was cut off. "Nope! Don't deny it! You're blushing!" Killer said as everyone laughed. Cross growled as he quickly calmed down. "I don't have time for this-." Cross cut himself off with a ominous feeling. "What's wrong?" Error asked as Cross looked around. "Something's off." Cross said as he quickly left, dragging Chara away. "Hey!" Chara said as she started running, as Cross was quick to the throne room.

Cross looked at Nightmare, who had his skull resting on his hand, which was propped up on his thrones arm. He seemed to be asleep, as someone crept behind the throne. Cross' eyes widened when he saw that someone had a knife. Cross was luckily close to Nightmare, and grabbed him, as the person slashed, making a mark on Nightmare's throne.

Cross and Nightmare both fell, Nightmare on top. Cross's face exploded, as he pushed his feelings aside. "What the h*ll Cross." Nightmare growled. "I'm sorry sir, there's-." Cross was cut off, as Nightmare teleported them.

They were both standing, as the person growled. That's when Chara noticed something. "There's a lot of them." Chara said as Cross looked around, seeing over hundreds of different types of monsters. "Nightmare! We have come for revenge! You and your stupid guard will pay! You said we weren't good enough for you, but we're better!" The one announced, as Chara went back to being s ghost, and as Cross summoned his giant knife, ready to attack anyone.

The person point his knife towards Nightmare and Cross, as all of the hundreds of monsters charged.

As they reached them, Cross slashed everyone that attacked Nighmare, as he stood there, letting him.

As Cross slashed everyone one of them, he almost got hit, but he didn't. Nightmare had grabbed him with his tentacle, lifting him up, as he struck them with his three other tentacles, showing no mercy, just dusting them.

"Nightmare! What're you doing! You'll get hurt!" Cross said as he struggle to get free from his grip. "You're making it worse if you struggle." Nightmare growled as he used a tentacle, lifting them towards the ceiling, only to have his tentacle be cut off by one of them.