Chapter 5

Cross groaned, loudly. "I'm BOOOORRED!" Cross yelled, laying in his cage of ink. 

He's been there for about a week. He's been freaking out, wanting to get back to Nightmare, and make sure he's OK, and safe. And of course Cross didn't show any signs of worry. Maybe to Dream because of the energy he might give off.

"Be quiet!" Ink whined as she flipped the Tv programs. "AAAAAHHHHH!" Cross yelled, pissing Ink off. "Shut the h*ll up!" Ink screamed, as Cross laughed. "Didn't know you could curse." Cross said, getting rid of his boredom. "Shut up before I make the cage smaller." Ink growled as Cross groaned.

Cross already made the cage small, where he could barely move to get comfortable. 

He felt like he was stuck in his own AU.

Caged. Never going to get free. Broken. Useless.

He was starting to break down, but only got better when he thought of the first time he met Nightmare.

The had CROSSed paths through a NIGHTMARE.

Cross blushed as he chuckled, when he thought of the time he had embarrassed Nightmare. It was before Horror came. He was added to the team a while after Cross.

Cross and Nightmare were quietly eating at the table. Cross wasn't too hungry, so he only ate fruit, but he was only left with apples. They were cut in peices, and he ate slowly.

Cross had noticed Nightmare wasn't eating his apples, and got curious. "Why aren't you eating the apples?" Cross questioned as Nightmare shrugged. "I ate an apple one time, and it was the worse time of my life." Nightmare said as Cross tilted his head a bit in confusion. "Did you choke on it?" Cross said as Nightmare made a face. "No! It was just... It's a long complicated story, and I don't feel like... saying it." Nightmare trailed off, noticing Cross standing by him.

He grabbed a piece of apple from his plate, and held it to Nigntmare's teeth. "Just eat it! Whatever apple you choked on, this is different." Cross said as Nightmare blushed a bit. "I said I Didn't chocked on it-." Nightmare was cut off by Cross shoving an apple in his mouth. Nightmare chocked on it as Cross started laughing. 

Nightmare swallowed the apple, and growled at Cross, who couldn't stop laughing. "Ha. Ha. Laugh it out." Nightmare said sarcastically. 

Cross finally regained himself as he wiped his tears and looked at Nightmare who was blushing a bright blue. "Did I embarrass you? Are you embarrassed?" Cross said, smiling as Nightmare crossed his arms, and looked away. "You totally are!" Cross said with a gasp.

Cross started laughing, thinking about the fun times he had with Nightmare. "What's so funny?" Ink said as Cross calmed down a bit. "He chocked on an apple." Cross started laughing again as Ink shook her head, trying to ignore him.

"Alright! We need to talk!" Dream demanded as Cross stopped laughing. "I don't need to." Cross glared at Dream. "We don't have time for this! Stop acting childish!" Dream said. "Says the one that squealed because Blue went on a date with Fell." Cross said blankly, as Dream growled. "Look! It's just a simple question! Why do you work for Nightmare!? He only does things for his own benefit!" Dream said as Cross stayed silent for a bit. "Because! He helped me out of my own prison I used to call Home." Cross answered. "And? Why haven't you ran away? I know he uses you guys as tools, and beats you like a punching bag." Dream said, as Cross' expression went to a blank face.

He remembers when it was his first time. It was the worst he had ever had.

He felt as if he couldn't move. He felt paralyzed, and completely broken.