Chapter 9

Cross watched as another monster screamed in agony, as he was being electrocuted. 

Cross started pitying him, and pull a lever, stopping the flow of the electricity. "Are you going to tell me who sent you here?" Cross asked as the monster breathed heavily, trying to catch his breath. Cross grabbed the lever, about to pull it. "No! Wait! I'll say it! Just stop?" They monster begged. "That's a good little monster. Now spill!" Cross demanded, as they still laid quiet on the metal bed they're on. 

Cross was about to put the lever, but they scream. "No! Please! It was Dream!!!" They screamed, terrified. Cross smirked. "Anything else I should know?" Cross asked as they nodded. "I-I-I'm not the only one sent h-here... There's thousands of us... Some here, and some waiting for Dream's say..." They said, they voice shaky. "Anything else?" Cross asked as they took a deep breath. "Dream wants Nightmare dead. Because he's been torturing everyone, killing people, and their village." They said as Cross' heart stopped. "Spill the rest!" Cross said, his anger taker over. "H-He said we'll attack soon! That's everything I know! I swear!" They said as Cross growled. He sighed as he pulled the lever. The monster screamed as they were being electrocuted. "You're useless now. E dust if you must..." Cross walked to the door, chuckling a bit. "That rhymed." He said as he went to the throne room, where Nightmare was.

"Nightmare!" Cross called out, getting the attention of everyone in the room. "What is it?" Nightmare's tentacles swayed around in a certain pattern, signalling he was angry. "He told me the information." Cross looked down, upset he was so angry towards him. "Look up. I can't here you!" Nightmare growled, making Cross flinch back. Cross did as told, a sad expression on his face. "He told me the information, sir." Cross said. Nightmare looked as Cross, who didn't say anything. "What did he say!?" He yelled, his voice ringing through the filled room. "H-He said that Dream sent him, a-and they were planning on attack s-soon." Cross stuttered a bit. "That b*tch son of a brother." Nightmare growled, his tentacles moving faster, and more aggressively. "Mr. Nightmare?" Lucy said, tugging his jacket. "What!?" Nightmare yelled, regretting it when he saw the little girl with tears. He squat down, a nervous smile on his face. "Aww Lucy. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to yell... I was just upset..." Nightmare said as Lucy cried.

Cross pouted, as he looked down, kicking a small pebble on the floor.

Chara, Horror, Dust, Error, and Killer watched from a far. "He's was too jealous." Chara said, as the four skeletons agreed.

Lucy had walked away happily, only to fall. "Lucy! Be careful!" Nightmare said as Lucy giggled, getting up and leaving.

Cross put his hands in his pockets as he tried walking away, only to be picked up. He was pick up by the ankle, and held upside down by Nightmares tentacle.

"Ah!" Cross yelled as he was lifted, and stuck inside down. "Where the h*ll are you going?" Nightmare said as Cross blushed a light purple. "I-I..." Cross stuttered. "'I-I' nothing." Nightmare mocked him.

Nightmare smirked, getting and idea. "I'm pretty bored. Let's play a game!" Cross' eyes widened as he knew what was gonna happen. "No! Please not that game!" Cross yelled, struggling. "Too late!" Nightmare said, throwing Cross in the air, as he caught him the the ankle again.

Error, Dust, Killer, and Horror watched, wondering what was happening. Chara got dizzy, just seeing them. "I hate that game..." She said getting their attention. "Before you guys came, when he got bored, he threw us in the air and caught us by the ankle. When he got bored, he'd just drop us and leave." Chara said, feeling bad for Cross. "Yeesh." Horror said, looking at Cross who was just caught by the ankle.

"P-Please! No more!" Cross said, feeling dizzy and sick. "Had enough?" Cross repeated violently nodded. "Well I haven't!" Nightmare threw him up, making up spin multiple times. He was about to leave, but...

Cross closed him eyes, ready to hit to hard, cold floor. But it never came. He landed in warm arms and tentacles.

Cross opened his eyes to see a light blue eye. His face exploded. "Nightmare?" His voice was shaky. Nightmare blushed a dark blue.

Nightmare dropped Cross, walking away.

Cross hit the floor with a thud. He got up, his face still covered in a blush. He dusted himself off as he heard snickering.

"Oh Senpai! Love me!" Killer said, attempting to do Cross' voice. "I'm so in love with you! I'll do anything for you!" Dust made kissing noises. "Hug me please! I need you love!" Horror hugged himself. "No no! It's more like! Oh Nightmare! I need you so badly!" Error fluttered his eyes as they all laughed.

Cross threw his weapon at him, making it hit the wall, causing a dent, and forcing it to be stuck.

Cross' face blushed of anger and embarrassment.

They all flinched as the knife went right past their skull, hitting the wall. "Never make fun off him and his lover. It pisses him off." Chara said, making Cross more upset. "Ugh!" He yelled out, teleporting to his room. "They really piss me off." Cross said as he laid on his bed.

Nightmare heard him, a bigger blush growing on his face. "So precious." He said he sat under a tree.

The tree was in a village that was abandoned and torn apart. The tree sat in the middle of the town. It had no apples, or leaves.

Nightmare got up, using a tentacle to get him up the tree. The side he was on could give one chills and freaked others out, but Nightmare loved the feeling.

Dream was playing with other kids, as Nightmare sat under one side of the tree reading a book of spells. The side had dark apples. And Nightmare... He didn't look like the person we knew...
He looked like Dream, but with purple, black, and gold clothes. He also had purple eyes, and white bones. Nightmare also wore his crown with the moon carved in it.

"Nightmare!" Dream said, standing in front on him. "Yes?" Nightmare looked up from his book to see Dream and other kids glaring at him. "Wanna play with us? We're playing hide n seek!" Dream said as Nightmare was about nod. Before he did, he looked at the kids behind Dream flipping him off, or sliding their finger side to side on their neck. "Maybe not today... I need to finish my book." Nightmare said as Dream whined. "Why are you so mean big brother? You never play with us!" Nightmare nervous my chuckled a bit. "Remember sister wants me to learn this book. It's important." Nightmare smiled at Dream, who pouted. "Let's leave him! He's being mean!" A kid said. "He's bit being mean." Dream said, defending her brother. "Dream! Let's hurry and play! My mom says I have to be inside by noon for supper!" A kid whined as Dream nodded. "Bye big brother!" Dream ran off with the other kids.

Nightmare finally finished his book, and decided to take a nap. It was sun set, and he found it calming and perfect. "Mom... Why does everyone hate me?" He said tiredly, getting soft wind as a response. "K..." Nightmare closed his eyes, right when he was hit in his ribs. He cough as he looked up to see a bunch of men glaring at him. "Look. We told you to leave this village you demon. Why are you still here?" One growled. "Dream needs me..." Nightmare's voice was shaky. "Dream need you to leave! We all need you to leave! Get out out of our village you cursed demon!" Another yelled. "I-I'm not a demon!" Nightmare started crying of fear. He was grabbed by the throat, lifted to the tree, and slammed on it. "This'll be a lesson for being alive."

Nightmare opened his eyes, fear hidden deep down in his soul. He inhaled a breath, as he leaned on the trees, as he exhaled in breath. Nightmare closed his eyes once again, watching everyone in his castle, mainly Cross.

After a few hours of watching, he noticed there was an unfamiliar presence. He growled as he teleported to it. He saw a young girl. She was a neko. The girl had blue hair and eyes, with black cat ears and tail. "Hey..." Nightmare said as she turned to him. She flinched back in fear. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He held his hand out, only to have the girl step backwards. Nightmare sighed as he closed his eyes, his black goopy substance flowing off, and disappearing. Once gone, his true form was shown.

"I'm Nightmare. Sorry to scare you." His voice was still the same, but his look was different.