Chapter 11

Dream's eyes widened as she noticed what happened. "What have I done...?" Dream teared up more as his bow and arrows disappeared. Nightmare ripped Jewel's body apart, grabbing Cross gently. Nightmare could barely breathe, knowing Cross could be dust any second. Cross coughed up blood, as his weapon hit the ground. "Nightmare... I'm sorry." Cross teared up. "Don't talk... It'll make everything worse." Nightmare said, finding it hard to speak. 

Nightmare picked Cross up bridal style, tears streaming forming in his eyes, as his tentacles whipped around. "What kind of twin are you..." Nightmare was so scared for Cross, he didn't yell. "I-I'm sorry Nightmare... Brother I-." "Don't you dare brother me." Nightmare didn't bother turning to Dream, he just teleported, not really knowing where.

Nightmare looked around the bright place he teleported to. He noticed some of his people were there, scared. "Nightmare!" They said, seeing him, but got quiet, seeing Cross, who was bloody in his arms. "What happened?" One asked as Nightmare shook his head. "I wasn't watching him, and she hit him in the soul..." Nightmare sounded really hurt. "Where's Katrina!?" Another person asked Nightmare shrugged, his tears hitting Cross' shirt. "Everything hurts..." Cross cried from pain. "Stop talking... You're making it worse." Nightmare clutched Cross closer. "Heal him." Someone said. "I can't. I'm Nightmare, remember? I only know LOVE, not love." Nightmare took deep breaths as he held Cross closer, hoping that he'll be OK. "Does anyone have any food?" Nightmare said, having a little more hope, only to have it shattered when they shook their head. 

Nightmare growled as he teleported somewhere else, hoping to be by a healer, or food. He looked around, noticing he was in his room. It was dark, because he put a spell on it, making sure it'll never become light. Nightmare set Cross on his bed, as he looked everywhere, hoping to find something. Nightmare's hopes were completely shattered when he found nothing. "Nightmare..." Cross said, laying on his side, his eyes half lidded, as he gazed at Nightmare. Nightmare turned to him, only to be more shattered. Cross eyes became a light grey as he was shaking badly. "Why do you want to save me? I'm just being a burden to you..." Cross said, his voice weak and soft. "Cross... You're the only reason I'm not insane." Nightmare said, sitting in front of the bed, facing Cross. "I'm so in love with you, Cross." Nightmare said as Cross weakly smiled, both of their cheekbones becoming a different color. Cross got up a bit, getting Nightmare to tell him to lay back down. Cross cupped Nightmare's cheeks. "I'm so in love with you, it's crazy..." Cross said, lightly pressing his teeth on Nightmare's teeth.

They both exploded with a blush, but it didn't last, as a soft swooshing sound was heard. Dust spread across Nigthmare and his bed, as his eyes widened. 

At that moment, Nigthmare had nothing to live for anymore. 

Crack