Chapter 13

Ink used brown paint on Cross' dust.

Alright. Since I'm helping you be revived, you have to play as if you don't remember anything.

I never asked you to bring me back to life!

I don't care! If you remember anything, Nightmare will do bad things again!

He's a good person! I don't have to listen to you!

Do you want to be with him or not!?

...

Good. Remember. You don't remember anything. If you don't play along, all AU's might as well be dead. Right now, you're the only person keeping Nightmare together.

He wouldn't do anything like that... He loves me...

He's just using you. I'm done... So I can't talk with you like this anymore, remember... nothing...

Cross wiped his tears as he sat in his bed. I want Nightmare to hold me... But I can't... Cross sighed. "What's wrong?" Chara stood, leaning on the wall. "I don't remember anything... It seemed like I was important... Now it's like I'm useless..." Chara stared at Cross. "You're lying. You do remember everything." Cross' eyes widened. "I don't..." Cross wiped his tears. "Why are you lying to all of us? To Nightmare?" Chara asked, not falling for Cross. "Ink... He said that if Nightmare knew I remember him, he'd go back to destroying everything. She said that he only uses me..." Cross said as Chara growled. "She said that she'd only revive me if I act like I don't remember anything." Cross said, looking down. "That's stupid." Cross shrugged. "Don't tell anyone. Please?" Chara was hesitant, but nodded. "Promise me." Cross said as Chara nodded. "Promise."

Out the door, stood Killer. "Promise." Chara said from inside the room. "So he's just gonna break Nightmare's heart, because of what the enemy said? Some lover you are." Killer walked off, upset with Cross.

After a while, Cross had left the room with Chara. They decided to chill in the living room.

When they got there, Killer glared at Cross, who tilted his head a bit. "Killer? Why do you look ready to kill Cross?" Chara asked. "You know exactly why. Playing with people's emotions, really pisses me off!" Killer said, crossing his arms. "Come here Kills. What wrong?" Dust asked, pulling Killer on his lap. "He's playing with Nightmare's emotions. Like he's a toy." Cross' eyes widened, but he quickly calmed himself down. "Isn't Nightmare the one with four tentacles?" Cross asked, keeping up the act. "Cross! Stop playing dumb! You easily remember things! Especially names! You're trying too hard, and you're failing." Cross took a deep breath. "I'm sorry... I don't understand... I'm not the person you used to know, because I don't have much memory." Cross said, rubbing his arm. "You're not fooling anyone!" Killer growled, making Cross flinch. "Killer. Calm down. What's up with you?" Dust wrapped his arms around Killer's waits, pulling him closer. "He remembers everything." Everyone looked at Cross. "He doesn't remember anything. I would know... He doesn't even remember his Papyrus." Chara said. "Who's Papyrus?" Cross played along. "He's your brother..." Chara said, fueling the act. "He doesn't remember anything." Horror said as Error nodded. "Stop being fooled." Killer crossed his arms. "He really doesn't remember." Error said. "Yeah. What's got you so paranoid?" Dust asked. "I'm not paranoid. Ink made him pretend to forget everything. He said it himself." Chara froze. "Killer, was it? I don't know what you're talking about." Cross said, avoiding eye contact. "I don't understand... If you really loved him, why are you toying with his emotions because of Ink? She just brought you back to life. And you know better that Nightmare is a good person. Even if it doesn't show." Killer said, his voice going soft. "Killer...?" Dust said. "Having your emotions being played with is the worst feeling. I know myself." Killer said, sadness in his voice. "Kills..." Dust said, feeling bad for his lover. "I'm sorry... You ever felt that way... But I seriously don't remember." Cross said as Killer growled. "Then I'll make you remember!" Killer summoned a knife, getting up, and charging for Cross.

Cross dodged, not knowing anything else to do. "You're such a terrible person!" Killer yelled, swinging multiple times at Cross. "I just..." Cross didn't know what to say. "You were like a brother to me! A big brother, but now you're just like all those other people! You just play with people's emotions!" Killer tried kicking him, but Cross dodged. "I'm sorry." Cross said quietly. "Oh now you're sorry!? After so many days!?" Killer swung at him. "I'm so sorry..." Cross dodged his attacks. "That's enough!" Nightmare yelled, his tentacles whipping around at different paces, signaling he's feeling different emotions.

"Nightmare! I..." Killer looked down, putting his knife away. "You, What?" He seemed angry, yet joyful. Happy, yet sad. Excited, yet depressed. He felt so many emotions, but didn't know how to react to them. "Cross. Throne room." Nightmare started walking off. "But I-." Cross was cut off. "You know they way." Nigthmare disappeared in the darkness. Cross clutched his fist as he teared up. "So you were faking?" Error asked. "Yeah..." Cross walked away to the throne room.

When Cross got to the throne room, he saw Nightmare starring at his throne. "Nightmare... I'm really sorry..." Cross' tears fell to the floor. "What's there to be sorry for? It's not your fault Ink made you do it." Nightmare calmly. "But I went with it... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you or anything!" Cross cried, clutching his fist more, as he stared at the floor.

He felt a finger under his chin, as his skull was lifted. Cross faced Nightmare. "Please don't cry..." Nightmare said, cupping his cheeks, and wiping his tears with his thumbs. "But I... I-I'm a terrible person..." Cross whined. "Stop crying..." Nightmare said softly. Cross did as told, calming himself down. "That's better... I hate it when you cry." Nightmare said, pressing his forehead gently on Cross'. "You don't hate me...? Right?" Nightmare shook his head, closing his eyes. Cross looked at Nightmare, wanting him more. They both had a huge blush on their faces as their foreheads were still pressed together. "N-Nightmare...?" Cross was being very hesitant. "Yes?" Nightmare didn't open his eyes, and still had his hands cupping Cross' cheekbones. "Can I... C-Can you... Hm..." Cross blushed more. Nightmare opened his eyes, as it glowed a light blue. "Ki... K..." Cross blushed more the more he tried. Nightmare chuckled, pressing his teeth gently of Cross'.

Nightmare backed away a bit, looking at Cross, who's eyes fluttered open. "Kiss me more..." Cross said as Nightmare chuckled, pulling Cross a bit, pressing the teeth together again.

Cross pressed back, stepping on his tip toes, attempting to be closer to his height.

Nightmare backed away, letting go of Cross, who whined of his lack on contact. "Hey!" Cross whined, as Nightmare smiled. He teleported them to his room, pinning Cross on the wall. They both blushed more.

Nightmare pressed his teeth back on Cross' licking them. Cross blushed even more, opening his mouth as their tongues intertwined each others.

After a little while, Nightmare back away a little bit. They both panted softly, staring at each other. There was string of mixed saliva that attached their tongues.

Cross wrapped his arms around Nightmare's neck, pulling him closer. Nightmare had put his hands on Cross' waist, lifting him up.
Cross was now taller than Nightmare as they continued their kissing session.

"You're my lover..." Nightmare said, making Cross blush more.